Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? Do a Google search on Austin-built Model Y Standard Range. Yes it has AWD, but it IS called Standard Range.

.....except the screenshots that you posted, tesla's website refers to them as tesla AWD

but i get what you're saying..... the press called it tesla standard range because it was less range than the LR, but on the public-facing tesla website, it is referred to the AWD

the last time tesla released a standard range Y, it was RWD but it was relatively short lived and not available anymore.

Really? Do a Google search on Austin-built Model Y Standard Range. Yes it has AWD, but it IS called Standard Range.

Actually, no, it was not called Standard Range. The Standard range was a different Y that was only offered for a very short time... The 4680 Y was only referred to as the Standard Range by the media. The EPA Certificate of conformity for the Model Y, refers to the following models: MODEL Y AWD, MODEL Y LONG RANGE AWD, MODEL Y PERFORMANCE AWD

I'm very sorry you are mis-informed. There is already a car using the MYSR "Standard Range" label and it is a DIFFERENT CAR than the 4680 MYAWD as offered in small numbers from Austin.

YOU go read the actual window stickers on these cars, ok?

I'd be willing to pay $1000 for .5 seconds and $2000 for 1 full second so 0-60 in 3.75 and 1/4 mile in 12.0. I wanted a MYP but not the 21 inch wheels or 1" lower suspension. I just took delivery of MYLR with 20" induction wheels but with such a small difference in price I can't justify the additional $ for AB. Tesla needs to have a stage 1 or 2 setup on the Acceleration boost charging $1000 per .5 of a second but still not matching the MYP( leaving .25 advantage plus 21" wheels/summer tires, 1" drop and red brake calipers) Tesla please give me a full second increase in acceleration for my $2000!!!!!! Acceleration boost to compete with GV60/BMW IX50/Rivian R1S

I'd be willing to pay $1000 for .5 seconds and $2000 for 1 full second so 0-60 in 3.75 and 1/4 mile in 12.0. I wanted a MYP but not the 21 inch wheels or 1" lower suspension. I just took delivery of MYLR with 20" induction wheels but with such a small difference in price I can't justify the additional $ for AB. Tesla needs to have a stage 1 or 2 setup on the Acceleration boost charging $1000 per .5 of a second but still not matching the MYP( leaving .25 advantage plus 21" wheels/summer tires, 1" drop and red brake calipers) Tesla please give me a full second increase in acceleration for my $2000!!!!!! Acceleration boost to compete with GV60/BMW IX50/Rivian R1S
Can’t happen the way you want.

MYLR is 4.8s

MYP is 3.5s… but with rollout subtracted.

Depending on who you talk to, that rollout might be an additional 0.3s.

4.8 - 1 is equal to 3.5 + 0.3, which leaves no numerical advantage.

Per above, what if $2K for AB got you to 4 seconds 0-60 in a MYLR? Would you go for it? That’s only 1/2 second slower than an MYP.

Reactions: Scubamikey