Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost vs Third Party Hacks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno what this hypertuning is all about,

Well, here's an example from... you....

The SHO will run 11s with water/meth injection and drag radials

See also the bit you posted about needing to essentially visit different pumps to mix your own fuel.

My Tesla I just get in and drive and it knocks off 11s bone stock, fully warranty, every time on normal tires.

Reactions: GtiMart
Just wanted to add that on paper the 0-60 of the Model 3 LRAB/P is faster than most cars, but when compared to twin-turbo AWD cars w/ just tunes (like the Kia Stinger, Fusion Sport, Taurus SHO), the ET and trap speeds aren't that far off. The Stingers are running 11s as is the Explorer ST. Model LRAB won't pull away from the Explorer ST in the 1/4 mile, and the M3P with 90% SOC should gently walk the Explorer ST and Kia Stinger.

I mean if you look at the 60' times for the M3P and M3LRAB, it's not that impressive. I think I saw mainly 1.8 60' for the M3P, and that's what I get from my Fusion Sport and Taurus SHO with worn out unprepped street all-season tires. And these are GTDI ICE engines, not the 10ms response electric motors.
If you have a link for video or test result, I will start to believe this.

Reactions: dfwatt
Similar with BMW I had a M240 it was no different to M2 other than the M2 has slip diff, better disks but harder running and noisy and more expensive.
The M240 was limited same with the M2 as they cant be better than M3 and above.

The M240 also had the ability to do a few stage upgrades from 335 to 410 not official but they were watching, like my old Z4 with roof opening closing a hack was made so we can do the top at 30 mph not on a flat less than 10 mph and on the flat which is mad when it starts to rain in the hilly uk. But it is now standard.

With the 3 I would not chance anything none tesla until 4 years or any issue will be pointed to the mod and not many none tesla garages out there to fix so give tesla open cheque to sort a tesla issue out.

The 990 began appearing early 2019 (there's one user, ever, that claimed a late Dec 2018 had it), but 980s still showed up on some cars through the summer of '19 at least- don't recall heard of any 980s in non-P 3s after about September '19.

Apart from the market being limited- they'd also need to explain to the now much larger # of post-980 LR owners why they can't have it-- leading to "Wait so you use an inferior motor now?" questions they probably don't want to deal with.
My car is a Feb 2020 SR+ and it has the 980. IMG_0210.jpg

Just wanted to add that on paper the 0-60 of the Model 3 LRAB/P is faster than most cars, but when compared to twin-turbo AWD cars w/ just tunes (like the Kia Stinger, Fusion Sport, Taurus SHO), the ET and trap speeds aren't that far off. The Stingers are running 11s as is the Explorer ST. Model LRAB won't pull away from the Explorer ST in the 1/4 mile, and the M3P with 90% SOC should gently walk the Explorer ST and Kia Stinger.

I mean if you look at the 60' times for the M3P and M3LRAB, it's not that impressive. I think I saw mainly 1.8 60' for the M3P, and that's what I get from my Fusion Sport and Taurus SHO with worn out unprepped street all-season tires. And these are GTDI ICE engines, not the 10ms response electric motors.
LOL the dredded Taurus SHO.........the myths surrounding this car are impressive. When I was in high school this was an 9sec 1/4mile car.

My car is a Feb 2020 SR+ and it has the 980.View attachment 828466

To be clear I was specifically discussing the LR models to which a "full P" unlock would be possible- I'm unaware of any getting the 980 after ~fall 2019.

It continued to show up on SRs for a fair while but obviously wouldn't be relevant to that (and it also showed up on early LR AWD Ys, after it has already gone away on the LR AWD 3s)

To be clear I was specifically discussing the LR models to which a "full P" unlock would be possible- I'm unaware of any getting the 980 after ~fall 2019.

It continued to show up on SRs for a fair while but obviously wouldn't be relevant to that (and it also showed up on early LR AWD Ys, after it has already gone away on the LR AWD 3s)
Hi everyone,

I purchased the acceleration boost for my M3 LR and I'm happy with it and if you have the money to spend on it, I'd recommend it. However, I know there are third party boosts like BOOST 50 TO GHOST FOR TESLA MODEL 3/Y that offer similar functionality. However, I am not in it to get an acceleration boost that provides similar functionality to save a few dollars.

My understanding is the ingenext can add ~150 HP to M3 (not sure if it's compatible with 2022) and get the 0-60 from 4.4 to 3.2 instead of 4.4 to 3.7 when compared to the built-in acceleration boost. That being said, this just looks like they are exposing existing functionality and aren't doing anything explicitly to "tune" the performance.

So with that being stated, do we expect Tesla to simply adjust the acceleration boost or introduce an additional addon to get it from 3.7 to 3.2 and make the hack obsolete? My hunch is that they will. Thoughts?
I hope. Correction M3LR has 4.2 for 0-60, not 4.4. So the AB shave off 0.5sec to 3.7sec

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
My car is a Feb 2020 SR+ and it has the 980.View attachment 828466
Maybe this is for you.

IMO - Save your money for the next vehicle purchase - get the "Performance" model 3. 4.3 seconds 0-60 is blazing fast compared to 95% of the vehicles on the road. 3.1 sec in the Performance is epic fast.

If you want it - get the upgrade from Tesla - you know they back it and the other "update modules" are by-passes that Tesla can shut down at any time. You spent a lot of the vehicle - why cheap out and save a few bucks?

I’ve got the 22” rims
The best decision I made was to go with the stock 18" on my Model 3 LR. 235/45R18 offer a very smooth ride. My 2017 Fusion Sport (which weighs the same as the Model 3 LR) had 235/40R19 which is the OE 19" Tesla size, and those rode like rocks and I lost 2 tires and 1 wheel due to potholes. I loved the 235/45 profile on the Tesla so much I went with those on my Fusion Sport (235/45R19) and the ride is so much softer/smoother.

Reactions: android04
The best decision I made was to go with the stock 18" on my Model 3 LR. 235/45R18 offer a very smooth ride. My 2017 Fusion Sport (which weighs the same as the Model 3 LR) had 235/40R19 which is the OE 19" Tesla size, and those rode like rocks and I lost 2 tires and 1 wheel due to potholes. I loved the 235/45 profile on the Tesla so much I went with those on my Fusion Sport (235/45R19) and the ride is so much softer/smoother.
oh my b maybe there was a mix up, i was mainly asking if the module woud word with my 75D model x

thank you. any reccomendations?

For a faster X? Trade it in for a Plaid.

That's it.

There's nobody who "tunes" Teslas to be faster. Just folks like the Boost/Ghost people that sell a module to lie to the car about if you bought a certain software option from Tesla or not. Since there's no SW option from Tesla that exists to make yours faster, such things can't help you.

Hi everyone,

I purchased the acceleration boost for my M3 LR and I'm happy with it and if you have the money to spend on it, I'd recommend it. However, I know there are third party boosts like BOOST 50 TO GHOST FOR TESLA MODEL 3/Y that offer similar functionality. However, I am not in it to get an acceleration boost that provides similar functionality to save a few dollars.

My understanding is the ingenext can add ~150 HP to M3 (not sure if it's compatible with 2022) and get the 0-60 from 4.4 to 3.2 instead of 4.4 to 3.7 when compared to the built-in acceleration boost. That being said, this just looks like they are exposing existing functionality and aren't doing anything explicitly to "tune" the performance.

So with that being stated, do we expect Tesla to simply adjust the acceleration boost or introduce an additional addon to get it from 3.7 to 3.2 and make the hack obsolete? My hunch is that they will. Thoughts?
Keep it mind m3 lr with ab can do 0-60 3.4s with 1ft rollout, the 3.7s is without rollout and m3p 3.2s is with rollout, difference is not worth imo, I rather keep my warranty. I hope Tesla updates the AB to have ability to turn off traction control or nerfed track mode.

Keep it mind m3 lr with ab can do 0-60 3.4s with 1ft rollout, the 3.7s is without rollout and m3p 3.2s is with rollout, difference is not worth imo, I rather keep my warranty. I hope Tesla updates the AB to have ability to turn off traction control or nerfed track mode.

Not quite accurate. M3P with rollout is about 3 flat (some folks have hit 2.9x).

See chart below using real data from actual owners (and the chart is a little old, almost certainly draggy will find a little better times for most of these, but the differences between them should remain valid)

LRAWD2.png

off topic a bit: I see that the ones with acceleration boost gets two options on their screens Chill and Sport. Does the Chill get upgraded to the 4.2 sec? or Chill stays the same and only the Normal gets upgraded to Sport?