Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm figuring my Y will take a bit longer than most to deliver since it has to traverse the Pacific Ocean, but the request for my trade-in and purchasing details seems like this will happen sooner than I thought.

I received a text this morning introducing me to my delivery advisor...was informed that my delivery in Hawaii should be by end of the month!

Advisor emailed me this morning saying I should be getting a VIN within a week and still on for delivery within 2 weeks: he said “you will receive a text to choose your exact delivery date; if you don’t respond within 24 hours we will select the earliest delivery date for you” woohoo! Uploaded insurance proof last week.

Account changed allowing me to provide insurance, registration, and financing details on Saturday, March 1st. Just received an email from Tesla advising me of the following " Congratulations! Your Model Y is almost ready."

Ordered February 5th: performance, 19" gemini, blue/white, FSD

Account changed allowing me to provide insurance, registration, and financing details on Saturday, March 1st. Just received an email from Tesla advising me of the following " Congratulations! Your Model Y is almost ready."

Same situation for me. 19" wheels also. This may mean 19" Geminis are up next.

Reactions: knikak

You ordered a performance with white interior on 2/5/20 and already have a delivery confirmation? Lucky you! Is this your first Tesla? Where are you based?

I got the email and text today even though the website allowed me to add in registration, trade in and payment details since last week. He said I can get it delivered by the end of this month.

I currently have a BMW lease that ends in October so I’m wondering whether I can trade in my lease or terminate my lease 6 months early. Anyone try this? If not I would have to push out my delivery to October which the Tesla rep said we can do via text.

any suggestions/similar situations?

I got the email and text today even though the website allowed me to add in registration, trade in and payment details since last week. He said I can get it delivered by the end of this month.

I currently have a BMW lease that ends in October so I’m wondering whether I can trade in my lease or terminate my lease 6 months early. Anyone try this? If not I would have to push out my delivery to October which the Tesla rep said we can do via text.

I would check KBB for the value of your car on trade and then find out what a dealer buyout is to give you an idea of what it would cost to get out. Probably a few thousand.

I leased a 335i and a 535i and I can tell you two things: 1) BMW values tank hard once sold and 2) BMW Financial will NEVER let you out of a lease early - there's no upside for them. With Model 3's killing their sales now it's only gotten worse. Wait 'til lease end or eat the cost (substantial!) - those are your only options.

You ordered a performance with white interior on 2/5/20 and already have a delivery confirmation? Lucky you! Is this your first Tesla? Where are you based?

Yes, first Telsa. I'm in Portland, OR. No date yet, but it seems it's coming soon. Very excited, except I may have to postpone due to unfortunate circumstances - I ended up breaking my leg and I'm in a cast for right weeks.