Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For them who already put in information, what are you putting for Financing information?

What if i choose tesla financing right now and decide to go with someone else later?
I stopped at that point as well. Not sure if I want to use local credit unit (lower rate) but not sure how quick I can get the financing in place under current world issues.
PS no email or text yet either

I didn't get a text nor email, but like others, status page changed to what is typical for < 2 weeks from delivery.

I love this: "Your Model Y is coming with Autopilot. Save on Full Self-Driving before delivery."

Cost before delivery $7,000. (Would then be sales-taxed at purchase AND annually on that extra $7,000 at DMV renewal)
Cost after delivery $7,000. (Would be sales-taxed when purchased on credit card, but never taxed as part of the vehicle's value during annual registration. And get 7,000 frequent flyer miles.)

"Save" by buying pre-sale? Nope. Now, if it was $5,000 before delivery, I'd bite.

But bottom line, I'm going to be doing a lot of soul searching about the wisdom of purchasing a car under the current circumstances.

Last edited:
Didn't get call or text yet, but account page asked for details and it is at "Trade-In Valuation in Progress"
It is White LR Dual Motor with 19" Gemini wheels and Black Interior.
I will be paying about $67,662.63 grand total in Washington State.
You must have purchased FSD.

Strategy to consider: In California, at least, purchasing it after the sale will permanently reduce annual registration fees by ~$45.

I got the same today, so filling out now.
Ordered March 11
LR, AWD, White, White-Black interior, standard wheels, FSD.
South Florida
Stuck on trade-in stuff. Was planning to go to CarMax to get a quote from them, but it may not be wise under the circumstances. Is it ok to say no to trade-in, but pick it later if necessary? I need to transfer my specialty license plate over ...

Since they seem to be going by the most expensive cars first, if you don't order FSD when you place your order doesn't that mean that your order will be filled After everyone that that Did order it with FSD?
Although saving on yearly registration fees would be nice if you got FSD after you got the car.

Reactions: Cmf2455