Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Road Noise Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tested it again on 2023.7.20 last night and this afternoon. While historically it would introduce horrific road noise by turning it on, when I turned it on yesterday and today I can happily report it did absolutely nothing detectable. Had the wifey with me (she's exceptionally musically gifted), and she too said she could hear no difference.

Well done, Tesla! We've gone from being an absolute joke to being just a joke. I mean sure, it's not the latest software update. Us FSD'ers paid a fortune for the junk that is FSD, and also for the benefit of being months behind the non-FSD'ers in terms of features and updates. So hey, maybe ARNR works better on a later update. Guess I'll find out, someday...
The “j” is in FSDj for good reason.

Reactions: WilliamG
Some of you just need to get away from your Tesla and move on. I could not stay with a car I am so bitter towards.

There is no doubt in my car there is a difference (for the good).
I would have long ago, had it not been for the massive depreciation hit on this model (over 50%)…. I did move on, however, to a Rivian R1T - much better first year experience than with the “j”.

@WilliamG

70240893242__A1142E02-FA23-4B3A-8DAC-7AA82D84A27D.jpeg

Reactions: WilliamG
2023 S. About 4 months ownership. For the first time yesterday (that too start of a 150 mile drive) ANC kicked on. I've never heard the car this quiet before and really enjoyed the drive. Of course, it didn't work on the way back

Mine worked noticeably well in late 2021 when the car was new and not since. I wonder if the cars where it is working have the FSD stack or not ? I do and believe that this stack is behind the non FSD stack in advancements based on comments but have not idea if this is fact

2023 S. About 4 months ownership. For the first time yesterday (that too start of a 150 mile drive) ANC kicked on. I've never heard the car this quiet before and really enjoyed the drive. Of course, it didn't work on the way back
One thing I do notice you have to watch out for. I almost always have music playing. If I get in and music starts modestly loud and I keep it playing it will never calibrate for that trip. I have to pause the music and it will calibrate in a few minutes. Then I can use music as normal.

Why it can’t save the last calibration is beyond me. But that’s how it works.

Even with music playing I will notice the cabin noise louder than normal on the highway. I check it and sure enough it’s stuck calibrating. Pause music, let it calibrate, continue music, bliss.

Sometimes it manages to calibrate with music going.

It doesn't work. And I'm seriously considering replacing Model X 2022 with BMW i7 because I can just no longer stand the enormous level of noise in this glitchy car.
Maybe that's a good move for you. If you only need autopilot to 40mph, and prefer massage chairs etc over high end software features like almost autonomous driving to 85mph , sentry cam security, Netflix, navigation with destination reviews etc: And supposedly 2024 you get access to NACS with an adapter. Won't have the amazing falcon wing doors though.

As suspected, after multiple visits (for other things), finally diagnosed as broken “mics”. Parts on order (they always are). We will see.
Very late to this party, but did you have the mics replaced? I'm persistently getting the "temporarily unavailable" message for ARNR. I don't think it's ever worked for me. Wondering if suggesting replacement mics might do the trick.