Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Road Noise Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I genuinely have no idea why Tesla still includes the hardware. It’s broken and has never worked, ever.
Sadly, many “features” fall into that category.
As your tag team approach clearly shared your view Multiple times that you don’t like the feature why do you feel the need to keep droning on about it. Many like myself find it of value but don’t feel the need to pummel the thread until we feel like we have won a debate. Don’t like it, turn it off? Is there a negative post award your competing for or does Rivian pay you per post to help their share value go up .01 cents?

As your tag team approach clearly shared your view Multiple times that you don’t like the feature why do you feel the need to keep droning on about it. Many like myself find it of value but don’t feel the need to pummel the thread until we feel like we have won a debate. Don’t like it, turn it off? Is there a negative post award your competing for or does Rivian pay you per post to help their share value go up .01 cents?
That’s cute. It really is amazing that people still find value in something that doesn’t work. I guess we struck a nerve with you. 😜 I don’t own a Rivian, and neither do I want to. I would, however, like the functionality that I paid for when I bought my Plaids.

In addition, many of us harp on about the persistent vibration between ~40-50mph in the new S. Here we are, 2.5 years later, and Tesla has finally acknowledged the issue and has a TSB + software update arriving imminently to fix it. You think that happens without customers like me and @jebinc continually making a fuss about it? Honestly, jog on.

Manual says the Automatic Noise Reduction is designed to reduce low frequency sounds on rough roads.
That is perhaps why owners driving down smooth roads see little improvement.

Not designed to make quiet sounds quieter, but to make loud low frequency sounds quieter.

Reactions: Spdrcrj
Manual says the Automatic Noise Reduction is designed to reduce low frequency sounds on rough roads.
That is perhaps why owners driving down smooth roads see little improvement.

Not designed to make quiet sounds quieter, but to make loud low frequency sounds quieter.
I’ve driven a LOT of new Model S and there’s no perceptible difference on smooth or rough roads. You can toggle it on and off with ease once it’s calibrated, and I’ve also tested on tens of people to ask if they can hear any difference. 0% of the people I tested with can hear any difference. It was falsely advertised as ANC, renamed AFTER purchase as ARNR, clearly because Tesla realized it was junk, and still doesn’t do anything. I expect that Tesla can avoid lawsuits over it due to the renaming. That it was ever called ANC at any point is hysterical.

Reactions: jebinc
That’s cute. It really is amazing that people still find value in something that doesn’t work. I guess we struck a nerve with you. 😜 I don’t own a Rivian, and neither do I want to. I would, however, like the functionality that I paid for when I bought my Plaids.

In addition, many of us harp on about the persistent vibration between ~40-50mph in the new S. Here we are, 2.5 years later, and Tesla has finally acknowledged the issue and has a TSB + software update arriving imminently to fix it. You think that happens without customers like me and @jebinc continually making a fuss about it? Honestly, jog on.
There’s a saying that guides who I decide not to reply to; that is, “You can’t win and argument with an ixxxt, so don’t bother trying.” Could be that some are just smarting from the recent blood bath they took by investing heavily in $TSLA based on the Great Charlatan’s words of greatness.
Wasn’t the last line of BS he fed the market to prop up the stock earlier this year something like, “All of the value of $TSLA is in automation and the TeslaBot”. Years ago, the like of BS was FSD and robotaxis. What will next year bring?!

In any case, ANC rebranded and redefined after the fact and now called ARNC is junk, just like FSD beta.

Carry on….

There’s a saying that guides who I decide not to reply to; that is, “You can’t win and argument with an ixxxt, so don’t bother trying.” Could be that some are just smarting from the recent blood bath they took by investing heavily in $TSLA based on the Great Charlatan’s words of greatness.
Wasn’t the last line of BS he fed the market to prop up the stock earlier this year something like, “All of the value of $TSLA is in automation and the TeslaBot”. Years ago, the like of BS was FSD and robotaxis. What will next year bring?!

In any case, ANC rebranded and redefined after the fact and now called ARNC is junk, just like FSD beta.

Carry on….
Should we guess what FSD should be renamed to?

We could save Tesla the trouble

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG