Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Lemon Title P85D - Beware???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate all the different point of views. After reading everyones feedback I have decided to pass on this car. As desperately as I want to get into this Tesla, it's just not worth the potential issues in the future. Too much uncertainty. And it's unnecessary risk that does need to be taken. I just need to be patient, but it's difficult to do that when you're spending about $65 in fuel every 2-3 days. I really enjoy my 15 LS460 F-Sport, but I see where the future is going. And it's time to move on from Petro as my primary vehicle. If anyone comes across any fully loaded 2015 P85D's with under 30K miles for under $75K please feel free to PM me. Thanks again...

I assume OP is talking about Vroom/Texas Direct. That is about the only place that I would construe as being "approved reseller" as seems like lots of Tesla's own less than desirable inventory ends up dumped there.

BTW, I forgot how many scams are out there. Someone tried to pull the “I’m in the UK, Edmunds has my car in their possession, pay them and they’ll deliver to you” scam on me today for a S85D.

Certainly passed. And through my contacts at Tesla I also discovered that the vehicle was involved in a collision as parts were ordered specifically to the VIN. I confronted him about this (via phone as I'm in Chicago and he's in Texas) and said he was very confident that this vehicle was never involved in an accident. After I advised him to contact his Tesla contact to verify this he came back a few days later and confirmed "via his contact" that it WAS involved in an accident but that he didn't know the particulars. He came back with a $1,500 concession for this which I of course passed on because my Tesla service contact confirmed that the damage was significant. A few days later I had a friend call the same dealer and speak with the same person asking about the vehicle and it's history. Do you think he disclosed this accident. Absolutely NOT. When asked details about the Lemon Title he disclosed the particulars about that, but that was about all. I'll be having another friend call tomorrow and ask specifically if the vehicle was in an accident and if he DOES NOT disclose this does anyone know if there is some sort of legal recourse. Or some way I can advise the State of Texas to have this dealer disclose that this vehicle was indeed in an accident? I never got a good vibe from this guy in the first place, and I don't want anyone to fall into his dishonest tactics. Please advise...