Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AEB by end of week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also the numbering scheme is strange. You'd think that 17.11.x is older than 17.14.x, yet my car got 17.14.23 and then after a couple of days it got 17.11.45.
Both happened while the car was in service.
And then the latest update got recalled so when it was delivered back to me, the notification was not there anymore.

Also the numbering scheme is strange. You'd think that 17.11.x is older than 17.14.x, yet my car got 17.14.23 and then after a couple of days it got 17.11.45.
Both happened while the car was in service.
And then the latest update got recalled so when it was delivered back to me, the notification was not there anymore.
Sounds like they decided to roll-back 17.14.23 (and 17.14.35). Perhaps due to problems???

The latest is now 17.16.35, so you should be shooting for that update next.

Sounds like they decided to roll-back 17.14.23 (and 17.14.35). Perhaps due to problems???

The latest is now 17.16.35, so you should be shooting for that update next.
But if you look into the firmware tracker, you'll see that both 17.16.35 and 17.11.45 started to appear on the same day, much later than 17.14.35, I am trying to figure out on the firmware tracker what sets them apart and don't see anything too obvious.

But if you look into the firmware tracker, you'll see that both 17.16.35 and 17.11.45 started to appear on the same day, much later than 17.14.35, I am trying to figure out on the firmware tracker what sets them apart and don't see anything too obvious.
My only guess is that Tesla has multiple releases a week that they're working on. Only a very small subset of those get released to customers.

When they discovered issues with 17.14.23 and 17.14.35, they may have decided to go back to a much earlier release without the issue they encountered (eg. 17.11.45) as a quick solution.

At the same time, they may have been fixing the code at the "head" of version control, so they also began to release it (17.16.35) at around the same time.

This is all guess-work, from someone who has worked on a lot of software projects at many different companies.

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
My only guess is that Tesla has multiple releases a week that they're working on. Only a very small subset of those get released to customers.

When they discovered issues with 17.14.23 and 17.14.35, they may have decided to go back to a much earlier release without the issue they encountered (eg. 17.11.45) as a quick solution.

At the same time, they may have been fixing the code at the "head" of version control, so they also began to release it (17.16.35) at around the same time.

This is all guess-work, from someone who has worked on a lot of software projects at many different companies.
While this is possible, unlikely you are going to backport features to an older stable branch.

I realized I have another datapoint.
At exactly the same day that my X got the SW update notification, the classic S loaner I had got the 17.16.35. Obviously there was nothing in the changelog out of ordinary there, but in 17.11.45 it had the AEB listed in the changes.

I'm still on 17.14.23 - since April 23. But no new AEB yet. ( I didn't pay for any auto pilot software at purchase so maybe no AEB for me?)

I'm still on 17.14.23 - since April 23. But no new AEB yet. ( I didn't pay for any auto pilot software at purchase so maybe no AEB for me?)

You'll get it. Roll out is very slow or halted. They will likely bundle AEB with a bigger feature and roll them out to everyone who doesn't have aeb first then the 17.11.45 folks. That's what happened with an earlier update fork.

Reactions: Mach Schnell!