TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

After 8.0 software update dash camera power alternative

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike_Atieh, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Mike_Atieh

Mike_Atieh New Member

after I updated to 8.0 my dash camera installed to loose connector by the microphone it used to have power all the time now after 8.0 it goes off when car is locked, any one have idea of another easy way to keep my camera on all the time.

2. wolfson292

wolfson292 Architect

I haven't noticed this but definitely will check. I am on 8.0 and have my dash cam wired that way.

3. cman8

cman8 Member

Yes. Please reply if this is the case as I have mine wired there also and don't want to loose the always on capability

4. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Uh oh. Mine is wired the same way...

5. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I run my Blackvue 650 cord through the hinge area in the passenger side door, behind the front right quarter panel, and under the hood into the frunk area. Works great and you can't see a thing.

6. rog

rog Member

I have the same setup, and the cam keeps power even after the car is locked.

7. cman8

cman8 Member

Are you on 8.0?

8. rog

rog Member

Yes.

9. STbreaker

STbreaker Member

I'm downloading my cam videos right now using a script @Brett wrote. So camera must still be getting power.

10. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

What'a the script do? I've looking for an automated way to dump the video from the SD card over wifi to a NAS every time I pull into the garage.

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

Both of our cars with Blackvues (550/650) hardwired into the 12v in the headliner under the grille work fine under v. 8. Are you absolutely sure that your installer used a meter to test out the point on the connector and is hooked up to the 12v and ground?

12. STbreaker

STbreaker Member

Basically you run it from the command prompt (with IP address flag) and it will download files on the SD card to the destination folder on your computer. It will skip any files already present in the target, so you do have to hold on to files until you reformat or they get written over for greatest efficiency. If you dig around the site a bit, he has a much more technical and robust description of how the script works and how he/others figured out the camera's file system if you're into coding and such... It was so much easier when you could just FTP into the thing...

Link to release

13. fallen888

fallen888 Member.. hehe, I said "member"

14. cman8

cman8 Member

15. Mike_Atieh

Mike_Atieh New Member

thanks to everyone for help, but for some reason it's working now when car is off, it maybe connection issue, I will check my connection tomorrow