Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After what time has passed would you consider an FSD class action lawsuit?

When would you consider initiating/joining a class action lawsuit for Tesla failure to deliver FSD?

• Already enquiring with/engaging legal services

Votes: 28 6.3%
  • End of 2021

Votes: 101 22.8%
  • End of 2022

Votes: 80 18.1%
  • 2023 - 2025

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • 2025 - 2030

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • After 2030

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Never

Votes: 140 31.6%
  • Other - see comments

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Article from Aug 20.
Quote:
Mr. Young, a lawyer, writer and car enthusiast living in Placitas, N.M., recently asked Tesla to refund his money, and it declined. On Wednesday, he sued the company, accusing it of fraud and breach of contract, among other complaints.

The beta is available now.
Not for Original Legacy customers such as me... 2017/MCU1/AP3 - which is FSD Capable hardware or has all hardware required for FSD. I don't even have the firmware that will allow my car to participate in the BETA.

Also, there is no update on Camera upgrades when it will be available.. (at this point only available for MCU2 customers with invite), FSD is by invitation only and is not a guarantee at this point.

The beta is available now.

I think this was their plan all along. Placate the 7-10k buyers that were promised FSD on city streets at end of 2020 then 2021. Now that they have delivered it (even though its no where near advertised working state), at least we get to play with it and feel kinda justified for what we paid. Im in this boat, and would have definitely considered trying to get my money back if they didn't deliver something by end of this year.

At least now we can use it and see the progress, and hopefully by end of 2022 they will delivered something close to what they promised was supposed to happen in 2020...

I think this was their plan all along. Placate the 7-10k buyers that were promised FSD on city streets at end of 2020 then 2021. Now that they have delivered it (even though its no where near advertised working state), at least we get to play with it and feel kinda justified for what we paid. Im in this boat, and would have definitely considered trying to get my money back if they didn't deliver something by end of this year.

At least now we can use it and see the progress, and hopefully by end of 2022 they will delivered something close to what they promised was supposed to happen in 2020...
2016 FSD was different than the current FSD. AP on city streets is coming by end of year since 2019 (not 2020).

Reactions: dbldwn02

I still want my money back.

Reactions: BrerBear
Tesla jerking me around with "safety score" to decide if I'm worthy of self driving has me ready to try and get my money back. If there was some stipulation when purchasing that they would monitor my driving and decide if I was worthy of FSD then I would have passed. They need to roll out FSD beta to everyone who paid and opted in or start giving money back.

Anyone have first hand experience suing a large company in California small claims court? Wondering if they would even show up and you possibly get a default judgement. I remember when people were suing Equifax in small claims after the data breach and winning. I have dealt with regular civil cases and filing fees add up and each party threatens to recover lawyer costs so I would not want to go down that road.

Reactions: BrerBear
Tesla jerking me around with "safety score" to decide if I'm worthy of self driving has me ready to try and get my money back. If there was some stipulation when purchasing that they would monitor my driving and decide if I was worthy of FSD then I would have passed. They need to roll out FSD beta to everyone who paid and opted in or start giving money back.

Anyone have first hand experience suing a large company in California small claims court? Wondering if they would even show up and you possibly get a default judgement. I remember when people were suing Equifax in small claims after the data breach and winning. I have dealt with regular civil cases and filing fees add up and each party threatens to recover lawyer costs so I would not want to go down that road.
Have you opted out from arbitration?

If not resolved within 60 days, you agree that any dispute arising out of or rela"ng to any aspect of the rela"onship between you and Tesla will not be decided by a judge or jury but instead by a single arbitrator in an arbitra"on administered by the American Arbitra"on Associa"on (AAA) under its Consumer Arbitra"on Rules. This includes claims arising before this Agreement, such as claims related to statements about our products

Reactions: gaspi101

Except this isn't FSD.

This is an early, unfinished, version of the city streets code only that doesn't work very well yet, and Elon mentioned on the Lex interview recently is about to undergo Yet Another Major Rewrite To Fundamentally Change Its Approach to try and GET to a finished version someday.

When you order a car they're obligated to deliver a finished car, not one they haven't painted or put doors on yet.

Be sure and update us on the lawsuit though- so far # of folks who claim they're suing then actually follow up with it appears very near to zero in the thread.

Have you opted out from arbitration?

irrelevant.

The very link you posted also states

Tesla order agreement said:
If you prefer, you may instead take an individual dispute to small claims court.

Again though I'm unaware of anybody actually winning an FSD related case this way.

• Informative
Reactions: gaspi101 and EVNow
Just saw this on local news... I'd better trust a half-baked FSD than a teenager. Also, this looks like a new version of a semi-truck.
1640883900298.png

Yup, the arb clause is pretty much there specifically to block class actions- no barrier to small claims (unless you're suing for some massive amount in excess of the small claims limits (which vary by state in the US, from as low as $2500 to as high as $15,000))
Yes.

A relevant note here is that a legislation to exclude class action from arbitration was defeated (don’t remember whether in CA or Congress).

BTW, it is still upto the judge. They can rule for the class action to proceed …

I am going to agree with "coolboarder", I feel like Tesla is jerking me around with this stupid "safety score" crap. My best score is 96 and that's driving like I am 90 years old. I get a infraction when I park in my garage, part at work (to close to a co-worker), and every little turn that is not perfect. It's a joke. I spent the $10k and I almost never use the current feature because it's so limited. Not being able to transfer the FSD makes the purchase worthless and Tesla should come clean and just refund half the cost, or compensate with a future purchase.

Reactions: BrerBear and Sporty