Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Control Arm Bushings, Lateral Arm etc...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would replace all of the factory units that you can. I have a mix of MPP and SPL bearings in my car and while I feel it more on the street they don't make any more noise. The immediacy of steering is much better and when loaded to 1.5g lateral the precision is much better.

The one that I still need is for the rear knuckle in the upper location. I go through the factory bearing at a rate of about 1 per three events. Since I can't buy the bearing itself I have been swapping knuckles. SPL is working on a prototype that I will hopefully have in not too much time.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
I would replace all of the factory units that you can. I have a mix of MPP and SPL bearings in my car and while I feel it more on the street they don't make any more noise. The immediacy of steering is much better and when loaded to 1.5g lateral the precision is much better.

The one that I still need is for the rear knuckle in the upper location. I go through the factory bearing at a rate of about 1 per three events. Since I can't buy the bearing itself I have been swapping knuckles. SPL is working on a prototype that I will hopefully have in not too much time.
If you reffering just the bushings, Rockauto has most of those if you haven't already knew?

I feel the same as you. A sacrifice from comfort for a better handling vehicle. lol..
My FI 4 cly has a pretty stiff ride on lowering springs and track struts all on 20" wheels with 30 series tires. lol..
Not by choice but because of room limitations.
I am anxiously to find out how all these bushings would perform? Thinking of getting the Koni Yellows with UP lowering springs in the future.
You talk about replacing all these bushings and having a better handling car, why would you even mention lowering springs and struts?
In for a penny, in for a pound and all that. Get a set of MPP or RW coilovers to complete all the work you're putting in.

Reactions: dsgerbc
You talk about replacing all these bushings and having a better handling car, why would you even mention lowering springs and struts?
In for a penny, in for a pound and all that. Get a set of MPP or RW coilovers to complete all the work you're putting in.

That would be the ideal setup with coilovers. However I just want a very modest drop and with even on the tallest setting, it is still too much of a drop from past experiences.
3/4" ie. UPP is all I want to lessen the wheel gap. That is the objective.
Koni yellow and UPP springs seems like a good combo?

That would be the ideal setup with coilovers. However I just want a very modest drop and with even on the tallest setting, it is still too much of a drop from past experiences.

The MPP's go as high as ~5mm under the stock ride height.

I agree with @The Other Dan, if you're going to go through all of this effort to replace rubber bushings to improve the handling of the car, springs and struts seems to be going a whole different direction. A set of proper coilovers is definitely the way to go, IMO.

Koni yellows are great with some mild springs. I had them in my previous cars decades ago.

Stock on lowering springs is going to run out of suspension travel, so that's not really an option. My Eibachs were on the (cut down) bump stops within three months.

Koni Sports have traditionally matched well with HR and Eibach springs, but if by design or happenstance I think varies a great deal from car to car.

Bilstein has the B12 line which are matched shocks and lowering springs. Best bang for the buck I ever tried, completely transformational on B7 and B8 platform Audi A4s. A B12 kit for Model 3 performance would be a super easy decision imho.

Good coilovers typically use linear springs so they can potentially remove the ride height vs suspension travel problem completely.

Just curious what you think of these more robust UCA? Is it worth the bouble the cost for the aluminum, 50% for the box steel version over the the flimsy looking stock piece?

Attachments

• X60CJ1166.jpg
    X60CJ1166.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 36
  • CB98028-007.jpg
    CB98028-007.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 23