Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto Devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the CPU in the MPU on that car is fast enough. I'm not aware of any users of these solutions, including Tesla-Android, that have a 2013 Model S. Hey, @ElectricAnt54 do you know?
Yea, 2013 is too old. Any car with MCU1 won’t work well. This page details which cars have MCU1:

• Informative
Reactions: timeshifter
Interesting. Waze definitely is causing the issues. Google maps and Apple Maps have no lag and everything remains responsive. Switch back to Waze and the lag quickly builds.
I just did a 10 mile journey using Waze and experienced no issues (Ownice T3, MYLR 2023, iPhone 13 Pro) - in fact I was pleasantly surprised how much smoother Waze refreshes the screen versus Apple Maps.

That said, I like the Apple Maps UX a little more but overall they both do a good job.

The lag/delays people are experiencing definitely warrant further investigation since this test has shown it should work smoothly.

I don’t see lag when using Waze. Used it for 1 hour the other day.

I use tesla android (raspberry pi 4B mini computer running android OS) + autokit android os app which controls the carlinkit cpc200-ccpa CarPlay dongle that plugs in to raspberry pi. I also plug in a usb lte cellular modem when I want tesla vehicle to have internet access.

I just did a 10 mile journey using Waze and experienced no issues (Ownice T3, MYLR 2023, iPhone 13 Pro) - in fact I was pleasantly surprised how much smoother Waze refreshes the screen versus Apple Maps.

That said, I like the Apple Maps UX a little more but overall they both do a good job.

The lag/delays people are experiencing definitely warrant further investigation since this test has shown it should work smoothly.
Definitely needs more investigating. This wasn’t happening when I first got the Ownice.

I'm still having networking issues, just look at the speedtest results from the car when it's tethered and the speedtest on the phone itself. How can I make this better?

IMG_9034.jpeg
IMG_9036.png