Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All good news.
Eficiency hit: negligible.
Sound: Same. Negligible
Performance: Huge upgrade from OEMs. Wet weather grip compared to OEMs is night/day better
Wear: Too early to tell

I was so impressed that I will replace the tires on our other 3 with the same.

Not sure which Tire you are talking about? Could you please clarify. It's nice that you are providing feedback but it's a bit cryptic without that crucial piece of information.

Hey all, here for some advice! I am looking at gram lights in 18x18.5 in black or 18x9.5 in gunblue2 in a square setup for my 2020 m3p, but I am nervous about getting sizes and offsets correct. I will be putting winter tires on these and driving using them for about the next 5-6 months (MN has long ass winters). Does anyone have any words of wisdom for which would be the better fit? Thanks so much!

Hey all, here for some advice! I am looking at gram lights in 18x18.5 in black or 18x9.5 in gunblue2 in a square setup for my 2020 m3p, but I am nervous about getting sizes and offsets correct. I will be putting winter tires on these and driving using them for about the next 5-6 months (MN has long ass winters). Does anyone have any words of wisdom for which would be the better fit? Thanks so much!

You'll be fine with either. Personally I'd go with the 18x9.5 +37 for a better fitment.
btw great wheel choice! Evasive Motorsports is doing 15% off on all Gram Light / Advan / Volk Racing products so you might want to check with them. Gram Lights Wheels

You'll be fine with either. Personally I'd go with the 18x9.5 +37 for a better fitment.
btw great wheel choice! Evasive Motorsports is doing 15% off on all Gram Light / Advan / Volk Racing products so you might want to check with them. Gram Lights Wheels

Awesome, thank you! I was still paranoid about the brake caliper size, so I went up to 19s, and got 9.5 based on your input. Btw I asked at evasive, and they said they are entirely out of gram lights, and were 10-12 weeks away from any availability.

Reactions: MODEL+
Anyone have traction control issues or wonky regen after swapping on aftermarket wheels?

Guys -- just put a set of 20" HRE FF01 on my P3D+. Tires are slightly used Michelin PS4s -- front are 255/30R20 and rears are 285/30R20. Everything mounted up fine and after setting tire pressure to 44 lbs all around and torquing the "tuner" lugnuts to 129 lb-ft, went for a drive. After driving very leisurely for a little bit, the car said it detected a different wheel configuration so I went ahead and confirmed 20" and then did a TPMS re-learn. That all seemed to go fine.

HOWEVER, every time I go above ~45 or 50 mph, traction control lights up (flashing). This doesn't happen when I accelerate fast from a stop...only after I get to that higher speed. In addition, when foot is off the accelerator the regen braking pulsates a bit rather than being smooth like usual. The car also seems a tad bit "floaty" to me.

Any ideas?

Anyone have traction control issues or wonky regen after swapping on aftermarket wheels?

Guys -- just put a set of 20" HRE FF01 on my P3D+. Tires are slightly used Michelin PS4s -- front are 255/30R20 and rears are 285/30R20. Everything mounted up fine and after setting tire pressure to 44 lbs all around and torquing the "tuner" lugnuts to 129 lb-ft, went for a drive. After driving very leisurely for a little bit, the car said it detected a different wheel configuration so I went ahead and confirmed 20" and then did a TPMS re-learn. That all seemed to go fine.

HOWEVER, every time I go above ~45 or 50 mph, traction control lights up (flashing). This doesn't happen when I accelerate fast from a stop...only after I get to that higher speed. In addition, when foot is off the accelerator the regen braking pulsates a bit rather than being smooth like usual. The car also seems a tad bit "floaty" to me.

Any ideas?

Are the treadwear pretty even on all of the tires? That's the only thing that comes to mind if one or two of the tires on the opposite side is significantly more worn than the others causing the traction control to detect different wheel speeds.

Are the treadwear pretty even on all of the tires? That's the only thing that comes to mind if one or two of the tires on the opposite side is significantly more worn than the others causing the traction control to detect different wheel speeds.

All tires are at 8.0-8.5/32". So yeah, they are all pretty new and even.

I did reboot the MCU just to see but nothing really seemed to happen. Maybe I need to "scrub" the tires a bit? Maybe the sizing difference front to rear is confusing the traction control and regen systems? Maybe I just need to drive more and let the system calibrate? LOL -- its frustrating but I am sure it is solvable problem.

FYI, I know a lot of guys run 255/30/20 and 275/30/20 without much issue. This has 255/30/20 and 285/30/20 -- maybe that slight difference in the rears is causing an issue?

Reactions: MODEL+
Stance SF03 wheels. Been very pleased with these on Model 3 Performance.

498EBF76-C2FA-4F2C-8A11-758E034D5800.jpeg 48FB0EBA-1221-41EF-A1AE-68DBEF976E23.jpeg 2D6B37CA-55A5-4B93-B2A1-62C9E2732341.jpeg 8702091F-26F9-4126-A167-7FD4265A6001.jpeg