Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New comer here, and also new in car mod. I see many M3 owners here enjoy racing / sporty look in their ride. I know M3 is not as classy / luxury as MS, but I was just wondering do you guys have any recommendation on wheels that make the M3 looks more luxury instead of sporty? So far the one I like the most is 19 inch Vossen VFS-2. I am still learning all the term like the 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 10, etc, staggered, spacer, offset.. lol

I am planning to get a M3 LR AWD white on white 2021 (if this helps).

New comer here, and also new in car mod. I see many M3 owners here enjoy racing / sporty look in their ride. I know M3 is not as classy / luxury as MS, but I was just wondering do you guys have any recommendation on wheels that make the M3 looks more luxury instead of sporty? So far the one I like the most is 19 inch Vossen VFS-2. I am still learning all the term like the 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 10, etc, staggered, spacer, offset.. lol

I am planning to get a M3 LR AWD white on white 2021 (if this helps).

Might be worthwhile looking into replica type wheels that are very similar to other OEM wheels, this way if there’s a luxury brand you prefer you might be able to find something similar for the Model 3

I am waiting on a model 3 order and was also curious about wheels. I am thinking that if/when I am able to change wheels, I would like to get some that are lighter, to help unsprung weight and maybe overall performance.

Will 19” and 20” rims and tires fir on a stock sr+ m3? Sorry of this is mentioned already. I am also new and see this thread is 145 pages or so... I obviously have a lot of catching up to do.

I wonder if there are any other brands have something similar to 19" UP light weight wheel UP-03 or Vossen VSF-2? I already spent a whole day on the Internet and still couldn't find any.

Unplugged Performance UP-03 Super Light Wheels for Tesla Vehicles
Introducing the Vossen VFS-1
I don't personally own any, but you should look into Signature wheels. They're an official vendor here, and they get lots of raving reviews for quality, weight, and nice concave fitment.

• Love
Reactions: SignatureSales
That's fair. I think if you can afford, vossen, I think you should be able to afford signature, though. They have specials pretty often.
Sorry for the confusion. For Vossen and UP, I was only paying attention to the look, but not the $. That's why I just wanted to see if there are any other brands (probably the quality is not as good as Vossen and UP) do have similar look or style. I know car mod is not cheap, is not easy, and I still have a learning curve....

Sorry for the confusion. For Vossen and UP, I was only paying attention to the look, but not the $. That's why I just wanted to see if there are any other brands (probably the quality is not as good as Vossen and UP) do have similar look or style. I know car mod is not cheap, is not easy, and I still have a learning curve....

What kind of budget, fitment, and size are you looking at? I think that might help with recommendations.

For starters, there's Konig and TSW that make mass market wheels that are flow forged and are relatively inexpensive.

19x8.5F ET30 / 19x9.5R ET35 wrapped in Falken FK510s 245/40/19F, 265/35/19R. Found another one last weekend a buddy of mine took of both our 3s (he’s on HRE Wheels)
19x8.5F ET30 / 19x9.5R ET35 wrapped in Falken FK510s 245/40/19F, 265/35/19R. Found another one last weekend a buddy of mine took of both our 3s (he’s on HRE Wheels)

Love the Ampliforms, looks great! I’m going for the 19’s but torn between your setup or 8.5/9.5 squared. Do you think it makes much difference or am I overthinking it?

Hey this is my first post so be kind, Lol.
I own a Black 2019 Tesla 3 performance car and am very happy with it expect for one issue really and would like to hear other owners experiences/advice. So I have had this car for over a 1-1/2 years and have had to replace at least 6 tires and one 20" Wheel due to damage or flats. I live in Pennsylvania and have to drive into philly almost every day and the pot holes here and road work are the main reasons for this. There have also been some nails in my tires as well. I have 20" stock wheels which sell for like $750 new because Tesla is ridiculous, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires which retail for $335.00 per tire, another rip off since they are unable to tolerate the slightest of potholes without getting a flat and are basically a nail magnet.
1. I would like to keep the 20" wheels but would like some suggestions on after market 20" wheels that fit seamlessly and are good looking and quality but reasonably priced??
2. I would also appreciate any suggestions for 20" tires that handle and look great but can tolerate an occasional pot hole without automatically causing a flat??
Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated:)

20” wheels and low profile tires don’t mix well with potholes. It won’t matter which wheel or tire model you have if you don’t avoid potholes.

Anyone have traction control issues or wonky regen after swapping on aftermarket wheels?

Guys -- just put a set of 20" HRE FF01 on my P3D+. Tires are slightly used Michelin PS4s -- front are 255/30R20 and rears are 285/30R20. Everything mounted up fine and after setting tire pressure to 44 lbs all around and torquing the "tuner" lugnuts to 129 lb-ft, went for a drive. After driving very leisurely for a little bit, the car said it detected a different wheel configuration so I went ahead and confirmed 20" and then did a TPMS re-learn. That all seemed to go fine.

HOWEVER, every time I go above ~45 or 50 mph, traction control lights up (flashing). This doesn't happen when I accelerate fast from a stop...only after I get to that higher speed. In addition, when foot is off the accelerator the regen braking pulsates a bit rather than being smooth like usual. The car also seems a tad bit "floaty" to me.

Any ideas?

Well, your rear tires are slightly larger in diameter and circumference than your fronts, so I’d guess that the traction control system is being confused by the different wheel RPM, especially at higher speeds.

Well, your rear tires are slightly larger in diameter and circumference than your fronts, so I’d guess that the traction control system is being confused by the different wheel RPM, especially at higher speeds.

Thank you yes -- I've come to that conclusion as well as and have 245/35/20 PS4s on order to make the rolling diameter essentially equal between front and rear. Hope that fixes it!

I wonder if there are any other brands have something similar to 19" UP light weight wheel UP-03 or Vossen VSF-2? I already spent a whole day on the Internet and still couldn't find any.

Unplugged Performance UP-03 Super Light Wheels for Tesla Vehicles
Introducing the Vossen VFS-1

Have you looked into their thread page? I would DM @SignatureSales for the best quote. Their main site is a general site for all car manufacturers. Only through DM you can get the best quote. The style you’re looking for is SV501 or SV103. Look at post #138 and #155. Signature wheels are the only wheels at 1lb per inch that’s affordable.

Vendor - Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Fitment Q&A Thread
I

Thank you!! Definitely will look into these.
Good luck. And if you didn’t know signature wheels are the official racing wheels of the ford performance racing school, are used on 200+mph TT lambos, and are used on Pikes peak race cars. I’ve personally searched on the internet and have not found one article of failure, crack, bend, etc. but you can look for yourself if you care to.

Here’s that wheel in 18”. REAL WEIGHT. Not like other forged wheel companies that “claim” a number to make sales. DM me if you wanna know who.
0B48539E-82F5-4F10-8C3C-C9F440C8ABCA.jpeg

Thank you!! Definitely will look into these.

I agree with TwoK4drSi and I’m a loyal repeat customer of Signature Wheels. You might want to wait till Black Friday to see of there will be any sales. Message Jamie from Signature to see if there are any deals this year. I have 4 sets of Signature wheels and I’ve paid less than MRSP each time.