Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Been saving up for the move into 19" wheels with 265/35(or40)/19 tires but having an issue pulling the trigger. I know the 19" would look better, but is it worth with range loss, speed ohmmeter off (from what I here), more expensive tires, possible rougher ride, and the $2200 out pocket costs for just the wheels? Would love a staggered setup but I commute 25k miles per year so I need to rotate.

My current setup is 18" wheels with 235/45 OEM tires and a Eibach 1" lowering, 20mm/15mm spacers. Was thinking of just going into a 245/255 tires with 40/35 side wall for better look, but tired of so many Tesla's having the same wheel look as I do.

Current setup attached.

Thanks,
Murph

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 523
Wider and stickier tires will hit your efficiency harder. I went from stock 18s setup to 19inch wheels and 245 tires (PS4S). My efficiency went down 20% or ~35 - 40 real world miles.

You drive a lot of miles so it depends on how much more of a hassle it'll be for you with the range loss.

Hello,

Been saving up for the move into 19" wheels with 265/35(or40)/19 tires but having an issue pulling the trigger. I know the 19" would look better, but is it worth with range loss, speed ohmmeter off (from what I here), more expensive tires, possible rougher ride, and the $2200 out pocket costs for just the wheels? Would love a staggered setup but I commute 25k miles per year so I need to rotate.

My current setup is 18" wheels with 235/45 OEM tires and a Eibach 1" lowering, 20mm/15mm spacers. Was thinking of just going into a 245/255 tires with 40/35 side wall for better look, but tired of so many Tesla's having the same wheel look as I do.

Current setup attached.

Thanks,
Murph
Hi Murph,

I have 19" wheels on my M3LR 2021 Midnight Grey. I believe they look good however, I do feel the ride is not that comfortable on bumpy roads. Don’t get me wrong, is not as bad as you cannot drive with the car on such roads but I imagine the 18” will be probably a bit more comfortable. I personally do not like the stock 18” wheels with the covers on but the way you keep them are quite nice. Regarding loss of efficiency, 20% is way over-rated I will say somewhere between 5% and 10% loss. Not a killer for me proved on a recent long trip of 8.500 Km (I still need to finish the editing of more material): https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5Y4-VswUGtdzouGBjXYH4pe8oL4g6HXy

When my car was ordered I did not know the covers can be removed (yeah, stupid I know). I’m a practical guy so if I could make the choice again, I will go for 18” stock, keep the money in the pocket, enjoy the smoother ride and the efficiency. Yet, the 19” looks better 😊 So, you let your brain or heart to make the choice?

Thanks, this is def a great suggestion! Yes, I am trying to go light and wide. Bronze was unfortunately lacking from Martian lineup. Is there a dealer that worked best for you if you live in the US?
Sorry, I just noticed that I skipped wher you asked where to buy from. I bought from a sketchy sounding place online. Automotivestuff.com but their communication was good and shipping quick. You can also write SuperSpeed and buy direct. Both are out of Canada, so no taxes were paid saving a bit more money.