Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks good! Post some full car pics when you get a chance!

AB8D1D68-D76C-42D6-9522-24270E4D1D4B.jpeg
A4A13D7C-D74E-40B8-B807-A13030DF80A8.jpeg
F2811394-6CEE-402B-9996-63549844FC13.jpeg
75466BF4-2F71-4982-A442-5DE689AF7DE2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: GetYourWheels
Titan wheels are junk and super over priced! Buyer beware!
Really? What are you riding on now? You can't beat fully forged 18 pound wheels with a lifetime warranty that are spec built for the Model 3 - for $500 each, please tell what is better at this price point, in stock and ready for delivery?

T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel

All Titan 7 Forged wheels are sold with a lifetime structural warranty so you can be confident that you are using a high performance wheel with factory backing.

All wheels are durability tested according to DOT / SAE and JWL / VIA standards to ensure safety while you perform. Authentic performance from Titan 7. Forged for All.

Also you know their owner used to work with (Mackin imports Rays Engineering, Yokohama wheels, etc.) for over 20 years... Source: Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

Last edited:
Really? What are you riding on now? You can't beat fully forged 18 pound wheels with a lifetime warranty that are spec built for the Model 3 - for $500 each, please tell what is better at this price point, in stock and ready for delivery?

T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel

All Titan 7 Forged wheels are sold with a lifetime structural warranty so you can be confident that you are using a high performance wheel with factory backing.

All wheels are durability tested according to DOT / SAE and JWL / VIA standards to ensure safety while you perform. Authentic performance from Titan 7. Forged for All.

Also you know their owner used to work with (Mackin imports Rays Engineering, Yokohama wheels, etc.) for over 20 years... Source: Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

All that can be true and all... but putting the JWL and VIA stamps when some wheels do no meet JWL load requirements or they gone through VIA testing and their cerfication is misleading.

Are your wheels really JWL? – APEX Race Parts Blog

Are your wheels really VIA? – APEX Race Parts Blog

I was actually going to buy the Titan7 wheels but knowing how heavy our cars are it scares me a little. I don't own APEX wheels and I have no idea what's their beef with Titan7 but I am just sharing a post from Facebook.

Last edited:
All that can be true and all... but putting the JWL and VIA stamps when some wheels do no meet JWL load requirements or they gone through VIA testing and their cerfication is misleading.

Are your wheels really JWL? – APEX Race Parts Blog

Are your wheels really VIA? – APEX Race Parts Blog

I was actually going to buy the Titan7 wheels but knowing how heavy our cars are it scares me a little. I don't own APEX wheels and I have no idea what's their beef is with Titan7 but I am just sharing a post from Facebook.

I just read this blog, its interesting that I can't find any evidence of where they make their wheels -- what do you want to bet it's the same facility in China that Titan7 uses.... there aren't that many 10,000 pound wheel presses in the world, most only use 7500 pound....

Either way the Model 3 is only 4800 lbs GVWR, the Titan 7's are rated at over 1500 lbs per wheel X 4 = 6000 lbs. That is a 1200 lb buffer! This might be an issue on the Model X or a fat BMW CUV. Also note that TST, who makes the 19" TSS Wheel - Flow Forged wheels for the Model 3 has the same 1500 lbs weight rating and they have sold a ton of those wheels...

If I owned and X, the 1800 lb rating would be a good spec to give you some head room for towing, etc...

I'm not paying $500 - $1000 more for a freaking stamp from some testing agency in a daily driver. I'm sure this will handle my daily on ramps launches just fine. Hell I'm riding on crappy porous molten aluminum (A356) stock wheels now... which aren't even rated this high!!!

Pull a stock wheel off your Model 3 and snap a picture of the weight rating- what is the weight rating?, does it have VIA & JWL stamps on it?.... are they listed in the directory?

Last edited:
I just read this blog, its interesting that I can't find any evidence of where they make their wheels -- what do you want to bet it's the same facility in China that Titan7 uses.... there aren't that many 10,000 pound wheel presses in the world, most only use 7500 pound....

Either way the Model 3 is only 4800 lbs GVWR, the Titan 7's are rated at over 1500 lbs per wheel X 4 = 6000 lbs. That is a 1200 lb buffer! This might be an issue on the Model X or a fat BMW CUV. Also note that TST, who makes the 19" TSS Wheel - Flow Forged wheels for the Model 3 has the same 1500 lbs weight rating and they have sold a ton of those wheels...

If I owned and X, the 1800 lb rating would be a good spec to give you some head room for towing, etc...

I'm not paying $500 - $1000 more for a freaking stamp from some testing agency in a daily driver. I'm sure this will handle my daily on ramps launches just fine. Hell I'm riding on crappy porous molten aluminum (A356) stock wheels now... which aren't even rated this high!!!

Pull a stock wheel off your Model 3 and snap a picture of the weight rating- what is the weight rating?, does it have VIA & JWL stamps on it?.... are they listed in the directory?

Rated by who again? Some aftermarket company vs a multi billion company? Your logic makes no sense. No one is saying their wheels are no good or they will fail they are just putting a stamp that they haven't earn and that you don't care about... for no reason.

Maybe ask them if they remove the stamp ... will they charge less? Win win

There is apparently 1 company that claims their wheels come from a 12,000 lbs press in Ohio. Not sure how that can be verified.

Xpel rates the installation difficulty at "one" for the rocker panel vs a "three" for a bumper. I had side skirts repainted before on another car and it cost $500. I don't think you have to remove the ceramic coating to install PPF as long as the area is clean and free of oils. Most will say that you will need to buff out the ceramic coating.

You can get the kit here a little cheaper: https://www.servoppf.com/shop/2018-tesla-model-3/
My guy wanted over $1000 to xpel the rockers. So I think I need to do it myself. Will this kit install over ceramic or will I need to polish off the ceramic first? I'm guessing it probably won't be much of a problem.

Ignoring the recent Titan7 bashing, I'm looking for a set of T-S5 for my P3D in 18" for winter (and, maybe if I like them enough, all year round).

The Titan7 site doesn't list bronze as a color option for the 18" size, but plenty of online sites offer it (evasive, for example).

What's going on? Are the 18s actually available in bronze? And, if they do exist, does anyone happen to have a photo of how they look on a non-lowered, P3D in blue?

Thanks.

"Lifetime warranty" claims for unestablished businesses with undiversified product lines are pretty worthless tho. They are really for the 'lifetime' of the business establishment, which could be pretty short. If the product is junk and there are too many claims, they just go belly up and restart under a different name.

As the VIA mark is a registered trademark, displaying the VIA mark without VIA registration means unauthorized use of a registered trademark, and hence is illegal.
If Apex really has beef with Titan they can alert VIA and have them sue Titan.

I'm still considering Titans though. Does anyone know if their direct-order (vs evasive) wheels are hub-centric?

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe