Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not my company, I started a personal search for cost effective mono block forged wheels almost two years ago and found these guys and started the group buy.

My budget was $500 per wheel, I didn't need the bespoke $2200 option and liked the specs on these (as did many others based on who buys these).. the bimmer forums got me interested in them, because they have been racing with them since Titan7 started.

"In Conformity with" was good enough for me at $500 per copy verses the crappy A356 flow formed marketed wheels that were heavier, and didn't have the same weight to strength ratio....

Good news is there are lots of options in the market if you need VIA/JWL for confidence, buy a different brand, there are thousands of options. Just make sure you get mono-block forged and not some BS derivative (roll forged, rim forged, etc..)

Also strange that all these cars are racing/using them on their daily driver, and I have yet to see a single complaint on any of those car forums. If Titan7 is using the JWL logo without a cert that between them and the Japanese Wheel Association and Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan (VIA), not me. My understanding is JWL is a self certification... (see below)

according to
preposition
Definition of according to

1: in conformity with
2: as stated or attested by
3: depending on

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 2.18.33 PM.png

JWL standard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
The JWL standard (Japan Light Alloy Wheel standard) is a set of requirements for alloy wheels set by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Japan)that must be met for all passenger cars in Japan. The JWL mark, cast or forged into the wheel, indicates that the wheel has been self-certified by its manufacturer to meet the standard. There is a related standard, JWL-T, for truck and bus wheels.

The Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan (VIA) independently tests wheels for JWL or JWL-T compliance. Wheels that have been tested will bear the VIA mark in addition to the JWL mark.[1]

Last edited:
Does anybody know if these wheels will fit, dropped on UP moderates:

HRE FF04
Front wheels: 20x10 +35 with 265/30r20 tires
Rear wheels: 20x11 +50 with 295/30r20 tires

Looks like the front will be fine. I'm just concerned about the width and offset of the rears.

Should be ok. I have UP moderates with the following:

Front: 20x9 +32 245/35
Rear: 20x10.5 +45 plus 5mm spacers (effective +40 285/30

True, but for $500 for monoblock forged, I would never pay anywhere near that for cast wheels, its hard to beat MB forged for the weight/strength ratio verses cast wheels.

What something like a Wedsport TC105X? lighter than most forged wheels and tested for 3 years in the Japanese GT racing series before release ..... also JWL and VIA certified.

Last edited:
It's not my company, I started a personal search for cost effective mono block forged wheels almost two years ago and found these guys and started the group buy.

My budget was $500 per wheel, I didn't need the bespoke $2200 option and liked the specs on these (as did many others based on who buys these).. the bimmer forums got me interested in them, because they have been racing with them since Titan7 started.

"In Conformity with" was good enough for me at $500 per copy verses the crappy A356 flow formed marketed wheels that were heavier, and didn't have the same weight to strength ratio....

Good news is there are lots of options in the market if you need VIA/JWL for confidence, buy a different brand, there are thousands of options. Just make sure you get mono-block forged and not some BS derivative (roll forged, rim forged, etc..)

Also strange that all these cars are racing/using them on their daily driver, and I have yet to see a single complaint on any of those car forums. If Titan7 is using the JWL logo without a cert that between them and the Japanese Wheel Association and Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan (VIA), not me. My understanding is JWL is a self certification... (see below)

according to
preposition
Definition of according to

1: in conformity with
2: as stated or attested by
3: depending on

View attachment 443437

JWL standard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
The JWL standard (Japan Light Alloy Wheel standard) is a set of requirements for alloy wheels set by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Japan)that must be met for all passenger cars in Japan. The JWL mark, cast or forged into the wheel, indicates that the wheel has been self-certified by its manufacturer to meet the standard. There is a related standard, JWL-T, for truck and bus wheels.

The Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan (VIA) independently tests wheels for JWL or JWL-T compliance. Wheels that have been tested will bear the VIA mark in addition to the JWL mark.[1]

+1 to what @Xenoilphobe said above.

VIA and JWL is like stated income on a home loan. Almost every China wheel manufacturer claims VIA JWL conformity, and stamps them on a wheel, however they're not all registered in Japan as a certified VIA JWL manufacturer. This doesn't mean they're a bad factory.

Those factories and brands that are registered in Japan, such as Weds (which is owned by Toyota) can't mess around in their homebase. Each wheel has to be tested in Japan for them to legitimately bear a VIA / JWL stamp.

Velgen VMB7 Satin Bronze
20 x 9 +32
20 x 10.5 +45 plus 5mm spacers

Nexen N’Fera SU1
245/35
285/30

UP moderate springs

View attachment 444027 View attachment 444026 View attachment 444028 View attachment 444029 View attachment 444030

These look amazing! Exactly what I'm looking to get for my Blue P3D. I don't want to go bigger than 19x9 though...

Anyone have recommendations for bronze 19s that won't break the bank? I'm tempted to get the new Enkei TS-V but they don't go larger than 18" and I'm worried they won't look good that small...
TS-V-Gloss-Bronze.jpg

These look amazing! Exactly what I'm looking to get for my Blue P3D. I don't want to go bigger than 19x9 though...

Anyone have recommendations for bronze 19s that won't break the bank? I'm tempted to get the new Enkei TS-V but they don't go larger than 18" and I'm worried they won't look good that small...
TS-V-Gloss-Bronze.jpg

Yeah, those are nice, along with the TS-5, but their max size for both is currently 18".

As for not breaking the bank, the TFR is a deal at around $1100 and comes in that same copper and sized at 19x9.5 +35. I had them as track wheels on my blue P3D before switching to the Speedwell RS-1.

Konig makes a few of their wheels in 19" and finished in a bronze/copper color. Similarly priced to the Enkeis.

Yeah, those are nice, along with the TS-5, but their max size for both is currently 18".

As for not breaking the bank, the TFR is a deal at around $1100 and comes in that same copper and sized at 19x9.5 +35. I had them as track wheels on my blue P3D before switching to the Speedwell RS-1.

Konig makes a few of their wheels in 19" and finished in a bronze/copper color. Similarly priced to the Enkeis.

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, I don't like copper on blue or I'd be all over the TFRs - blue definitely looks better with bronze or gold.