Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus? They're rated almost the same as the A/S 3+ by Consumer Reports and I find the better noise performance especially appealing. I'd love to hear feedback on how the 18" ones compare to both the A/S 3+ and OEM MXMs on noise and efficiency.

I’ve gone through 4 sets of those and currently have them on two cars. It’s a very well balanced tire (in the metaphorical sense); I would classify it as very good at most everything, while being the absolute best at nothing. It has a supportive sidewall, which makes cornering quite satisfying, even though they do not provide the highest level of cornering grip. In this respect, I much prefer them to the MMX (their sidewall collapses in a most unsatisfying way under cornering, despite otherwise being rather firm). I also find the Pirellis predictable when they start to slide. Road noise is good, not quite as muted as say a new DWS, but they also don’t rumble a lot more when worn. I’ve also driven on them in a serious snowstorm; pretty decent for an all-season and, as far as I could tell, no worse than other M+S all seasons.

It’s been a while since I’ve had the AS3, but I liked them a lot. A bit more harsh then the Pirellis perhaps but with very good grip. For year-round giggles on above-US-average tarmac, I’d get the AS3. For about the same performance and a bit more comfort, without the roly-poly feel, I’d get the Pirellis again. The MMX should be relegated to Prius duty in dry locations with flat terrain.

• Informative
Reactions: David L
@SD_Engnr Thank you for mentioning us. We do offer 18" option for Tesla Model 3. Our wheel are hub-centric and fully customizable width and offset. The wheel only takes 4 weeks to build + 1 week to ship.

Here is an example of our SV502 in matte black.
Spec: 18x8.5 ET20 Square
Tire: MXM4 235/45/18
Weight: 18lbs each
View attachment 431024
View attachment 431023

And here is our SV104 which is similar design to the Titan T-S5, we can also build this wheel in 18inch Bronze finish.
View attachment 431067
View attachment 431068

If you have any question, please feel free to email me: [email protected] or send me a message.
Overpriced compared to competition

Reactions: pkalhan

If you just want an off the shelf set of wheels, and don't care to customize the fitment or the finish, then yes, they can be considered pricey.

However, if you want to have a unique set of wheels that are hub centric, fit your car perfectly, and are not black or gunmetal, these are definitely worth the price.

This past weekend I was at a Cars and coffee event, and out of the 15+ Model 3s that were there, 90% of them had nearly identical black wheels from either Vorsteiner, TSportline, HRE or their painted stock wheels. I see a lot of 3s in my area, and they're all starting to look the same with dark dint, black chrome delete, and black wheels. I'm happy to have spent a little more money to not look like everyone else.

Not really overpriced if you get a promo/sale pricing like I did. I customized 2 sets of wheels from Signature and couldn’t be happier. The finish on my wheels were perfect and delivered on time as promised. I suggest messaging Jamie from Signature who has a Model 3 himself for a price quote.

My 3 getting an alignment and corner balanced today after some MPP and UPP goodies getting installed. My current SV302S wheels look great on a lowered setup. Pic sent from my tech as I will be picking up my ride tonight.

A pic of the SV107 wheels before coilovers.

Attachments

• 37B330DD-A334-4BDF-AE3D-95ED88A12387.jpeg
    37B330DD-A334-4BDF-AE3D-95ED88A12387.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 456
  • DD7F1FFB-391C-4D64-BBE2-BDB01894C6C4.jpeg
    DD7F1FFB-391C-4D64-BBE2-BDB01894C6C4.jpeg
    843.8 KB · Views: 434
  • E7369746-DC79-4092-9A63-1B2CD337B27C.jpeg
    E7369746-DC79-4092-9A63-1B2CD337B27C.jpeg
    766.6 KB · Views: 410
  • D1F49F35-D3B2-4C56-BECE-8792C154BB1B.jpeg
    D1F49F35-D3B2-4C56-BECE-8792C154BB1B.jpeg
    958.1 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Not really overpriced if you get a promo/sale pricing like I did. I customized 2 sets of wheels from Signature and couldn’t be happier. The finish on my wheels were perfect and delivered on time as promised. I suggest messaging Jamie from Signature who has a Model 3 himself for a price quote.

My 3 getting an alignment and corner balanced today after some MPP and UPP goodies getting installed. My current SV302S wheels look great on a lowered setup. Pic sent from my tech as I will be picking up my ride tonight.

Specs on those SV107s?

Still overpriced with Promo or Sale by about $1000. Looks same as any other brands you mentioned. Forged 19 inch now comes around $2000 your hubcentric wheel around that price is enticing still overpriced for street use buyers.

Reactions: pkalhan
If you are disappointed that they are wearing out at 25k miles, then maybe you want something with a higher tread life rating.
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 has a 560 treadlife while the factory tires are 500. The DWS is not Eco rated, so your range may suffer slightly. DWS is about $100 cheaper per tire as well.

Tire Rack - Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Size: 235/45ZR18

I second the DWS06's because I've run those tires religiously on multiple cars. I currently have them on the Model 3 on 19" staggered 245 front and 275 rears. They are nice.

If I was in the Tesla Motherland of California, I would buy someones almost new 18" wheel/tire take off's which seem to be everywhere there. $800-$1000 seems to be the going price. Sell you old wheels/tires for $200-$250 each for people who damage or want spares and bam, new set of wheels and tires for free.

I second the DWS06's because I've run those tires religiously on multiple cars. I currently have them on the Model 3 on 19" staggered 245 front and 275 rears. They are nice.

The DWS is a very different tire to those considered by the OP, it's more of a comfort tire, not too great when cornering.
I ran 2 sets of those on a Q7 and have not experienced longer tread life vs the Pirellis.