Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These look nice

👍 Crazy good launch pricing for fully forged wheels. Direct bolt onto our cars as well. We are excited to get these in Satin Bronze for autocross this upcoming season!

Last edited:
A421223C-A3F6-46E0-AA11-39E543017391.jpeg
63921769-3B69-4C05-9212-A2626AFF205E.jpeg

I know they aren’t for everyone but it sets me apart from all the other white on white Tesla’s in the parking lot.

Eibach pro kit with Variant Xenon 19s powdercoated Illusion Shocker

Thanks! Yeah, I was leaning towards DWS. I dont mind the stretch and having the taller sidewall with the 40. I think overall diameter on the 245/40 is a tad bit. My only concern is how it will look like in the rear since it is not super flushed.

Also, if you’re looking for the size to contribute to lower noise and better comfort, the 265/35 will most likely be better for both because the 245/40 will have significant stretch making the sidewall a lot more rigid.

Reactions: pg62
Also, if you’re looking for the size to contribute to lower noise and better comfort, the 265/35 will most likely be better for both because the 245/40 will have significant stretch making the sidewall a lot more rigid.

I see. Yeah, one of the member gave me a good idea what it would look like for both sizes. Both looks good on 19x9.5 wheel. lol

Some better pics of the Volk Te37 SL I have.
19x9.5 +22 265/35/19
View attachment 610754 View attachment 610755 View attachment 610756 View attachment 610757

Hi everyone,

I've been using a borrowed rim/tire from Tesla for a month now, while my slightly bent 20" rim is being fixed somewhere. I wonder if I'll ever see it again...its a long story. Anyway, now I'm using this as an opportunity to buy a new set of rims. I'm looking for 19's. The Ohm Proton Silver look especially good, as do the AvantGarge AG M621. I'm looking for advice, recommendations, and also checking to see if anyone is selling a set of 19" rim/tires.

Thanks in advance!

the for sale section seems to have some of these rims:

Oh wow, thanks! I need to learn my way around.

These look nice

Friendly Reminder: Today is the LAST DAY to get in on the launch pricing to save $369, on a set of fully forged, lightweight (19.7lbs), and direct bolt on wheels from APEX. Shipping is also free through us.

-Danny

Last edited:
I changed the original Tesla 235/45/18 at 37,000 miles for Yokohama 245/45/18 v100. My wh went up from low 200’s to a best of 308. My battery usage on a 90 mile trip (60 degrees, 70mph was 120 miles.) I have tried various tire pressure’s to no avail. Just driving away from the house at max 20mph the start up wh is over 500. I have 3000 miles on these tires which I really like but the reduction of miles is discouraging. Any one have any suggestions?

I'm getting BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 in about 10 days for my SR+ because they were on sale at Costco.

I wanted to get Michelins based on the recommendations here but they seem to be perpetually out of stock and I'm reaching unsafe levels of tread left on my rears on the stock MXM4's at 31K...

Anybody used these tires? Hopefully they don't suck :)

So to self report on this. I did get the tires and have driven on them 600+ miles so they should be broken in at this point:

Grip and handling are much improved. Now that I have better tires, I am really feeling the limitations of the stock suspension when pushing it around corners.
Lifetime average consumption before: 232 Wh/mi over 31K+. I reset my trip odometer after getting the tires, average is now hovering around ~265 Wh/mi.
There is a pronounced tire howl, especially noticeable at around 35 - 45 when you don't have freeway wind noise to drown it out. It is quite a bit louder than the stock tires but I don't have first hand experience with other tires to compare it to. Hopefully it doesn't get any louder than this as the tires wear because it's kind of already on the annoying side.

Been perusing this thread but still unsure if these forgestar wheels will fit my 18 performance. 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear with 235/40/19 and 275/35/19 tires. Will these wheels clear the brakes? Seller is unsure of offset.
Hard to determine without knowing the offsets to be honest. We do carry Forgestars in stock in 19x9 +35, if you want to go down that route, these clear M3P brakes.

Okay, got some follow-up questions: what factors are there to consider when going with aggressive offsets? I know the scrub radius and thus the suspension geometry will be off compared to oem specs.

But, what are the long term effects of that to be wary of? And how is an aggressive offset, e.g. a 19x9 +22 in the rear, different than adding a 15mm spacer in the rear on a square setup? Which one would be less risky, or yield fewer issues, if any, in the long term?

Okay, got some follow-up questions: what factors are there to consider when going with aggressive offsets? I know the scrub radius and thus the suspension geometry will be off compared to oem specs.

But, what are the long term effects of that to be wary of? And how is an aggressive offset, e.g. a 19x9 +22 in the rear, different than adding a 15mm spacer in the rear on a square setup? Which one would be less risky, or yield fewer issues, if any, in the long term?

Biggest issue with aggressive offset is you are putting more stress on your wheel bearing. I've had personal experience with wheel bearings going out much sooner with aggressive offsets. All part of the game...you could get reinforced ones, but tbh would just replace them when they go. You'll know that they're bad when you here a "whooping" sound near your wheel.

Main issue with a spacer really depends on how you handle the studs. with a 15mm, I'm assuming you'd get a spacer with new studs pressed in. If those studs aren't good quality, then the compromise is weaker studs. Haven't had issues here...would only caution against getting like a 5mm spacer using OEM studs. Then you would be compromising the thread depth for your lugs. That is no bueno.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801