Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 1CEC6BD8-1AEB-49F3-BA82-242B83E1925A.jpeg
    1CEC6BD8-1AEB-49F3-BA82-242B83E1925A.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 433
Pouring rain here, so no pics. Good news to report: the pilot sport all season 4 is outstanding in the rain. I think the turn in was a tad sharper with the summer shoes, but not by much and my drive in a near downpour is hardly a fair test.

More to report when they get a fair test, but the tires had extremely good grip in the wet, and the 19s softened the ride some.

I actually blew out one of the PZEROs three days before the new shoes arrived, so while this confirmed the need for a tad more sidewall, it put a dent in my wallet too (had to get a new tire to drive for 3 whole days). I hated the stretched look of the PZEROs too; the new setup looks much more natural. Never a fan of stretched/slammed tires.

I had the winter tires on the OEMs, so I went with the Replika R241s for the all-seasons as I felt the silver color went well with the chrome on the vehicle (many prefer to black out, I think it looks classier personally)

Attachments

• 20210405144737_IMG_5070.JPG
    20210405144737_IMG_5070.JPG
    950.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 20210405144731_IMG_5069.JPG
    20210405144731_IMG_5069.JPG
    786.9 KB · Views: 192
CF5V satin black 19x9s courtesy of @MODEL+ going on my MSM M3P today. Pics to follow... (heads up car needs a bath, but I’m road tripping this weekend and won’t fully wash or detail till after... but the new rims will be clean!)

Danny (@MODEL+ )was fantastic throughout the process. Will have a better review when I get good pics

Nice choice. Here is mine on 20s. We are twins. Courtesy of Danny at Model +.
Thanks for the kind words and support gentleman! It's almost as we gave birth to identical twins... 😂 I'm only joking.

Forgestar makes attractive flow-formed wheels @ attractive pricing. Depending on sizing, these wheels are typically lighter and stronger than cast OEM wheels. It pains me to see people drop $3-4k on OEM cast-construction wheels on here sometimes.

Popular Model 3 specs below are available to ship immediately.

18x8 / 18x9 +35
19x8 / 19x9 +35
20x8 / 20x9 +35

Official Authroized Dealer.png

Can even get into custom colors and sizing via bespoke program, if you want to get funky with it!

Please message if interested, we'll get you laced up properly!

Danny

Put these on a couple of weeks ago: Enkei TFR 18", with Vredestein Quatrac Pro. So far I'm liking them. There's a slight rumble at about 40 mph, but nothing annoying. Going on my first drive of any distance next week.

It snowed after I got to work today and will be gone before I leave, so I won't actually know how they do on snow till next winter. My plan is to put actual snow tires on the OEM wheels, assuming I can fix the damage they took sliding broadside into a curb.

Attachments

• wheel-closeup-small.png
    wheel-closeup-small.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
  • wheels-3-4 view-blur.png
    wheels-3-4 view-blur.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 295
Reactions: MODEL+
As promised.... @MODEL+ Hooke me up with some incredible satin black CF5V Forgestar 19x9s. Running Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 245/40/19s. Loving it. The tires are fantastic, almost as food as the stock Ubers with PZEROs (turn in isn’t quite as sharp, but tbh the lateral grip is darn near the same. Likely due to having the contact patch increased).

So far range is the same as I was getting, but as the car is still in its youth I’m admittedly on the gas a lot! First 800 miles with the stocks I got 297whr/mi (mixed city and highyway); now I’m getting 305whr/mi, but that has been 225mi at 75-85mph on the highway. I think in the long run it will be a push or better range.

Looks amazing. Danny @MODEL+ was AMAZING! Took so much time answering my many questions and helping make sure I had everything I needed. Not to mention a great price and fast shipping. 100% recommend talking to Danny @MODEL+ if you are in the market!
07174AEC-7913-43D8-A286-A0DAD298B289.jpeg4B952665-6E41-4AD6-8172-E9633F50C9EC.jpeg7FBB44C4-1388-4452-B82E-9C95E731CE5C.jpeg

As promised.... @MODEL+ Hooke me up with some incredible satin black CF5V Forgestar 19x9s. Running Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 245/40/19s. Loving it. The tires are fantastic, almost as food as the stock Ubers with PZEROs (turn in isn’t quite as sharp, but tbh the lateral grip is darn near the same. Likely due to having the contact patch increased).

So far range is the same as I was getting, but as the car is still in its youth I’m admittedly on the gas a lot! First 800 miles with the stocks I got 297whr/mi (mixed city and highyway); now I’m getting 305whr/mi, but that has been 225mi at 75-85mph on the highway. I think in the long run it will be a push or better range.

Looks amazing. Danny @MODEL+ was AMAZING! Took so much time answering my many questions and helping make sure I had everything I needed. Not to mention a great price and fast shipping. 100% recommend talking to Danny @MODEL+ if you are in the market!
View attachment 654368View attachment 654367View attachment 654369
Wow! What a shoutout... haha I'm not complaining
Thanks again Mark!

Enjoy the ride! :cool:
Danny

Very much a street / commuting car with an outside chance of taking it to the track every so often to stretch its legs. Could always keep the standard Performance wheels for a square setup to track I guess but will probably want to cash in on selling a brand new set off the boat.

If it were me, I’d fit some lightweight 20x8.5 or 20x9 wheels, square, with Tesla spec 235/35/20 PS4S tyres. These tyres have the tread width of a 255 tyre, but with the benefits of being developed for the Model 3. Those TSW wheels you mentioned are around 30lbs each, so pretty heavy, which isn’t great.

The only advantages I can think of, running a wider tyre at the rear, would be if you were running extended hard use, in hot conditions, and for aesthetic reasons.

I drive my M3P hard, and the traction at the rear is incredible, even in the wet, with the TO PS4S tyres.

If it were me, I’d fit some lightweight 20x8.5 or 20x9 wheels, square, with Tesla spec 235/35/20 PS4S tyres. These tyres have the tread width of a 255 tyre, but with the benefits of being developed for the Model 3. Those TSW wheels you mentioned are around 30lbs each, so pretty heavy, which isn’t great.

The only advantages I can think of, running a wider tyre at the rear, would be if you were running extended hard use, in hot conditions, and for aesthetic reasons.

I drive my M3P hard, and the traction at the rear is incredible, even in the wet, with the TO PS4S tyres.
Thanks Clive. For me running a staggered setup is far more about the looks than anything else. Completely understand a square setup is better from a pure dynamics POV. I live in Dubai so it's constant summer all year round - literally hasn't rained for over 12 months - don't think they could afford the cloud seeding the last year! I looked up the weights of the TSW wheels vs the Ubertrubines, and even the 20x10" were slightly lighter. Understand that forged wheels are better from a weight POV but yet to find a deep dish staggered set without completely breaking the bank. Thanks for your input :)

Thanks Clive. For me running a staggered setup is far more about the looks than anything else. Completely understand a square setup is better from a pure dynamics POV. I live in Dubai so it's constant summer all year round - literally hasn't rained for over 12 months - don't think they could afford the cloud seeding the last year! I looked up the weights of the TSW wheels vs the Ubertrubines, and even the 20x10" were slightly lighter. Understand that forged wheels are better from a weight POV but yet to find a deep dish staggered set without completely breaking the bank. Thanks for your input :)

squared setup of 20x9, forged and at around 20 lbs each with staggered offsets.

CCAE8254-075B-4E6F-BCB6-3A3861B00D0A.jpeg

Check out this selection a fully forged wheels at get your wheels.com. The Vertini VS Forged (which are about 20 lb in a 20 by 9 size so pretty light) may not have a deep dish wheel to your liking but they have a lot of variety so maybe there's something that will match up with what you're looking for. And the price is very reasonable. Best I've seen yet for a truly lightweight forged wheel.

Last edited:
Hey, I respect your honesty, and if you’re after looks over dynamics, then go with what you like. If you’re not pushing the car to the limits, you won’t notice understeer anyway. It’s a shame you can’t stretch to the Signature SV602, as they tick all the boxes!