Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I picked up 19" TSS in Space Gray for my red M3P (that's hopefully here next week-ish). I don't love the fully blacked-out look and I hope the gray is just right. Haven't seen too many photos yet.
@BSinPDX Please post pics once you have your new 3P and mounted.. I'm currently torn between Space Grey or Satin Black TSS.. wish the TSS came in Satin Grey like the TS5's..

Thanks in advance !

What color matches the MSM paint the closest between space grey, gunmetal, gunpowder, satin grey, anthracite, etc.?

I'm looking at a few wheel options from T-Sportline, Replika, Martian, etc. and trying to decide if I want to go with black wheels or a dark grey that matches closely with the MSM paint.

Does anyone know a plastidip/hyperdip color that I'd be able to play around with on stock wheels to get a good idea of how the color will look with the paint before buying wheels?

What size is this exact fitment wheels/tires? This is the set up I want to go with in the 18s
265/40/18 Hankook RS4.

1629835829825.jpeg

With 15mm spacers in the rear making this effectively 18x9.5 +12.

There's more gap in between my rear passenger door than between the tires and quarter panels 😅

Danny

What color matches the MSM paint the closest between space grey, gunmetal, gunpowder, satin grey, anthracite, etc.?

I'm looking at a few wheel options from T-Sportline, Replika, Martian, etc. and trying to decide if I want to go with black wheels or a dark grey that matches closely with the MSM paint.

Does anyone know a plastidip/hyperdip color that I'd be able to play around with on stock wheels to get a good idea of how the color will look with the paint before buying wheels?

you need some sort of contrast. If you try your hardest to match by the msm exactly I think it will look funky. If you have a chrome deleted 2021 I’d recommend black.

you need some sort of contrast. If you try your hardest to match by the msm exactly I think it will look funky. If you have a chrome deleted 2021 I’d recommend black.
Yea, I've gone back and forth on this. I know not everyone loves the chrome, but I do love how the trim matches the bright silver sport wheels on my 2018 MSM Model 3.
1629911138274.png
I figured I would follow the same principle and get black wheels to match the newer black trim but sometimes black wheels get lost in darkness of the wheel well and blend into the tires. Also, there isn't a ton of contrast between on the MSM/Black combo like the MSM/Bright Silver combo
1629911542026.png

However, the Zero G wheels on the MSM is what convinced me that the MSM/Grey combo could look really good.
1629910773451.png
1629911673914.png

Reactions: superflyrolla
2021 Performance 3, full PPF wrap, 35% tint all around, NICHE Essen M147 Matte Black wheel | 19X8.5, 5x114.3, 72.6, 35 offset, Michelin - Pilot Sport All Season 4 - P235/40R19 Note that you need a proper stepped hub centering ring to make this work and the place I order my rims from didn't know this and sent me the incorrect rings. The proper rings for the performance 3 are these:

Solid Step Hub Ring-OD-72.6mm-ID-70.2mm-ID-64.1mm Part Number: 872702641C

20210830_153633.jpg

20210830_153618.jpg

20210830_153724.jpg

20210830_153718.jpg
20210830_153739.jpg

Hello,

I am thinking about gettin 18" 9.5 martian wheels for my 3. Will be putting P4s 275 on them all around. I

1) I am looking for alternate recommendations with similar performance and cost in mind.

2) Any useful feedback of owners with a similar settup.

3) Also, trying to decide in-between colors. My car is black and is blacked out. Anyone have any recommendations? I am a little curious to see what satin gunmetal looks like on a black car if anyone has a pic. My first choice currently is silver.

Thank you!

Midnight Silver Metallic Tesla Model 3 with Matte Black TS5 20 inch Tesla Wheels
  • Size: 20x8.5" Front & 20x10" Rear
  • Offset: +35 Front, +40 Rear
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1
View attachment 681669View attachment 681670View attachment 681671View attachment 681672
@Tsportline This looks amazing and I am very close to pulling the trigger on this exact wheelset. Do you happen to have any pictures of the 20 inch TS5's on a 2021 Model 3 Performance factory height? I can assume it would have a slightly smaller gap than pictured above, but wanted to see if you had any photos!

Thanks!

Hello,

I am thinking about gettin 18" 9.5 martian wheels for my 3. Will be putting P4s 275 on them all around. I

1) I am looking for alternate recommendations with similar performance and cost in mind.

3) Also, trying to decide in-between colors. My car is black and is blacked out. Anyone have any recommendations? I am a little curious to see what satin gunmetal looks like on a black car if anyone has a pic. My first choice currently is silver.

Thank you!
For #3, I think bronze looks really good on black, as does gunmetal and various gray shades. I’m not a huge fan of silver wheels on black cars unless there’s some chrome or other silver trim.

Hello,

Thank you!
Are your goals light 18’s but wide?
Part of this is because it’s what I went with, but look at the 18x9.5” flow formed wheels from SuperSpeed. Their prices are in Canadian, so actually cheaper than it shows in USD. RF03 is 18lbs. For tires, you may want to compromise with 255 or 265 For reduced weight and rolling resistance.

For color I would do dark. Gray, bronze, or black. I’m partial to bronze.

Are your goals light 18’s but wide?
Part of this is because it’s what I went with, but look at the 18x9.5” flow formed wheels from SuperSpeed. Their prices are in Canadian, so actually cheaper than it shows in USD. RF03 is 18lbs. For tires, you may want to compromise with 255 or 265 For reduced weight and rolling resistance.

For color I would do dark. Gray, bronze, or black. I’m partial to bronze.
Thanks, this is def a great suggestion! Yes, I am trying to go light and wide. Bronze was unfortunately lacking from Martian lineup. Is there a dealer that worked best for you if you live in the US?

For #3, I think bronze looks really good on black, as does gunmetal and various gray shades. I’m not a huge fan of silver wheels on black cars unless there’s some chrome or other silver trim.
Thanks,

yes unfortunately martians don't come in bronze but was trying to find other similar quality but reasonably priced alternative.. I think I like a contrast which is what attracted me to silver.