Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a good looking wheel! What diameter and width?
I believe that is a Signature SV104. I looked at those and emailed a vendor on this forum about a set. They just exceed what I would like to spend. The Vossen and Titan sets are the same price. I'm trying to avoid added expense on a "custom" color option. Gloss black is a standard color for Vossen where it isn't for Titan. The opposite is also true. I'm sold on black for sure. I like the idea of reduced weight and added strength with the forged. I want to say I'm leaning towards gloss black though which is why the Vossen is in the conversation. I do agree the Vossen has a little more detail and the high gloss on it would probably accentuate it's cosmetic appearance. Tough choice. Any other thoughts or pics if you have either installed?

I believe that is a Signature SV104. I looked at those and emailed a vendor on this forum about a set. They just exceed what I would like to spend. The Vossen and Titan sets are the same price. I'm trying to avoid added expense on a "custom" color option. Gloss black is a standard color for Vossen where it isn't for Titan. The opposite is also true. I'm sold on black for sure. I like the idea of reduced weight and added strength with the forged. I want to say I'm leaning towards gloss black though which is why the Vossen is in the conversation. I do agree the Vossen has a little more detail and the high gloss on it would probably accentuate it's cosmetic appearance. Tough choice. Any other thoughts or pics if you have either installed?
My personal car has Martians but I am always looking for other good looking, lightweight and strong wheels.

Attachments

• A2630744-37D5-465C-A7C0-F23119F7EBED.jpg
    A2630744-37D5-465C-A7C0-F23119F7EBED.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 433

IMO, Vossen are overpriced flow foam wheel, and those HF5 is not gonna save much weight. Can't remember where I saw it but 20x9 HF5 weight 28lb each!!!

I always have my dime on Signautre (cause they are awesome), but if you prefer lighter and lower cost, Titan 7 is the better option than vossen.

I’m a little ridiculous with things and I have a spreadsheet together with prospective wheels choices including standard color options, weight, configurations, and price. I’m budgeting $4000 to be the absolute top with tires all said and done. Obviously less is better. I was leaning towards the Vossen solely because of the gloss being a default color. I feel like @dandigangi made a point that I was also thinking about a more matte or satin finish on black wheels loses a lot of the details, especially from a distance. A higher gloss wheel seems like it would show the eye the detail with reflection. The satin may have just enough sheen to also do this. Is the default chrome delete on the newer 3's a satin finish? Matching that may prove to be tasteful. May also seem like a stock option though. I am sort of looking for a bit of "classy flare" It's hard to describe and I apologize for rambling.

Below is a quick breakdown

SetupWeight per WheelWeight Savings Over Stock (set)
Titan 7 T-S519x923.1lbs35.6lbs
Signature SV10419x919.6lbs49.6lbs
Vossen HF-519x928lbs16lbs
STOCK20x932lbs128 (weight of set)

Titan 7 T-S5
19x9 23.1lbs $2,900 (set of 4)
19x9.5 23.8lbs $2,900 (set of 4)
Colors: Satin Titanium, Machine Black, Techno Bronze, Wicked Black (turns out there is a gloss black option available)
Warranty: Lifetime structural
*center caps not included - $112
*Valve stems included

Signature SV104
19x9 19.6lbs $4,400 (set of 4)
Colors: not sure if there is an upcharge, 28 colors
Warranty: 3 year structural
*not sure if center caps are included
*not sure if valve stems are included

Vossen HF-5
19x9 28lbs $2,400 (set of 4)
Colors: Matte Gunmetal, Gloss Black
*center caps are included
*valve stems are included

I’m a little ridiculous with things and I have a spreadsheet together with prospective wheels choices including standard color options, weight, configurations, and price. I’m budgeting $4000 to be the absolute top with tires all said and done. Obviously less is better. I was leaning towards the Vossen solely because of the gloss being a default color. I feel like @dandigangi made a point that I was also thinking about a more matte or satin finish on black wheels loses a lot of the details, especially from a distance. A higher gloss wheel seems like it would show the eye the detail with reflection. The satin may have just enough sheen to also do this. Is the default chrome delete on the newer 3's a satin finish? Matching that may prove to be tasteful. May also seem like a stock option though. I am sort of looking for a bit of "classy flare" It's hard to describe and I apologize for rambling.
gloss black will be too shiny imo. satin would be the highest gloss level I would go with. here's a pic of some forged 18"s I had in satin black

PXL_20210924_022945889.jpeg

Kind of hard to see the lips on them, but here's the same thing on 19"s I have on a BMW in bronze

PXL_20210818_210251568.jpeg

Also, those are pretty much identical to the Titan 7 TS5 and I think the 19x9 on these was only 18 pounds and some change. the 18x8.5 is only 17.3 pounds iirc or 17.7

Titan 7 T-S5
Colors: Satin Titanium, Machine Black, Techno Bronze, Wicked Black (turns out there is a gloss black option available)
*Valve stems included

Signature SV104

Vossen HF-5
If money was not a factor I’d get the Signatures. For me it was, so I went with the Titan 7s, and have been really happy with them. The Vossens look nice, but you can get a fully forged wheel for not that much more, so I’d rule those out.

I think I have after the last few posts on here. Many good perspectives and I’m very appreciative. Seems like the Titan 7 is likely the route I’ll go. I do agree those Signature wheels are very nice!
If you like that design, order the wheels from Jova. They are $1300-$1400 shipped instead of $2900. It does take a few months for shipping, but if you're desperate to get them quick, they do air ship. When I ordered my 3rd set a couple of months ago, air shipping was $600 extra.

Titan 7 T-S5
*Valve stems included

Signature SV104

Vossen HF-5
Signatures come with 3 different versions of centercaps you can chose from. They have about 32 finishes that’s included in the price…no upcharge on any color selection. They don’t charge extra on width or offset…only diameter. Also included is air freight direct to you via UPS. No waiting on other sets or 6+ months on a slow boat. Lead times is 5-6 weeks from production to your doorstep. No tax except in California. And the wheels are triple layer protected on all sides with a dust cap on face and foam lined lip. You can see unboxing vids on YT.

Last edited:
View attachment 744490
Old picture, but another vote for Martian in anthracite. Front rims and tires are winter konig ampliforms.
What sizes are your Martians and Ampliforms? Too bad that Martian no longer makes the 18x9.5 in anthracite, I need a spare or two.

I mean if you’re looking for a really light set the sv104 at a 20x9 comes in at 20.3 lbs and complete with tire is 43lbs per wheelView attachment 744394
That is very lightweight! Tire size?

Last edited:
Did you make sure there is enough thread catch on the lug nuts?

13.4mm of thread engagement. I might just swap to 3mm spacers to get 2mm more thread engagement.

Titan 7 T-S5
*Valve stems included

Signature SV104

Vossen HF-5

You have to factor in tire weight for the 19" wheels. Tires will be heavier on the smaller diameter wheels compared with the stock 20".