Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a particular process for driving a lowered car while going up steep parking lot entrances and driveways and things of that nature. Always go slow, always set the vehicle close to 45* from the bump, and ensure your wheels are straight when they go over the bump. Other than that driving vigilantly constantly on the lookout for potholes, bad dips is a must.

I haven't had any damage beyond slowly dragging the underside of the car along speedbumps and crests in parking lots, which in my mind, will just eventually polish the battery to a mirror finish.

yap good choice. Plus chrome trim kinda looks cool.
At least in Australia its quite rare to see a chrometrimmed model 3. they were only available for i think 6 months.

How does it work in the usa when cars are so exessively lowered? dont you have issues with curbs, shopping centres, potholes, roaddebris etc?
I have gone through two front lips, all four mud flaps, and a front underbody panel :p .

Two words: Very carefully. 😅

Using common sense and spotting potholes and road imperfection from a mile away.

-Danny

IMG_9515.jpeg

After 9 months in storage I finally put these on.

19x10 all round, +31 front, +25 rear with 275/35r19 Kumho PS71

Mountain pass comfort coils, plus the rear of their suspension catalogue.

Needs a wash badly and needs the rear left window retinted but very with how it turned out.

Thanks to Rishi from ZEVcentric and Leo from JDM Concept Australia for all your help liaising with me and Work Japan to get the size, fitment, clearance, stud holes and centre bore perfect from the factory. No need for any spacers front or rear, drilled or adapters.

Attachments

• IMG_9518.jpeg
    IMG_9518.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_9516.jpeg
    IMG_9516.jpeg
    795.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_9513.jpeg
    IMG_9513.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_9509.jpeg
    IMG_9509.jpeg
    803 KB · Views: 202
View attachment 956383

After 9 months in storage I finally put these on.

19x10 all round, +31 front, +25 rear with 275/35r19 Kumho PS71

Mountain pass comfort coils, plus the rear of their suspension catalogue.

Needs a wash badly and needs the rear left window retinted but very with how it turned out.

Thanks to Rishi from ZEVcentric and Leo from JDM Concept Australia for all your help liaising with me and Work Japan to get the size, fitment, clearance, stud holes and centre bore perfect from the factory. No need for any spacers front or rear, drilled or adapters.

Attachments

• IMG_9525.jpeg
    IMG_9525.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9523.jpeg
    IMG_9523.jpeg
    974.2 KB · Views: 197
In all seriousness…..is it a thing in Australia where it’s a common courtesy for people to use mudguards?

no, its the law that wheels must be obstructed. But not a common courtsey. many people drive trucks etc without mudflaps or adequate mudflaps and then spray rocks etc onto the cars following behind. Unfortunately I have been on the recieving end of this many times as I I used to spend a lot of time on rural roads which often have a bit of gravel, debris, rocks etc on the road.

no, its the law that wheels must be obstructed. But not a common courtsey. many people drive trucks etc without mudflaps or adequate mudflaps and then spray rocks etc onto the cars following behind. Unfortunately I have been on the recieving end of this many times as I I used to spend a lot of time on rural roads which often have a bit of gravel, debris, rocks etc on the road.
Wow very Interesting. If it’s a law car manufactures should be required to sell cars with them installed. Or are people removing them after buying the cars?

Wow very Interesting. If it’s a law car manufactures should be required to sell cars with them installed. Or are people removing them after buying the cars?
Don’t think many or any standard passenger cars or SUVs come with them installed. If anything it’s a way for dealers to upsell you in accessories.

The law actually varies state to state but as a general rule mudflaps arent required by law but wheels abs tyres that extend beyond the body line are. As a result lifted trucks/utes/wagons with off-road set ups like big mud or AT tyres get (imo justifiably) targeted for it and not really anyone else