Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@PITA Pretty lame they couldn't provide with a connector, or at least match the wire color codes. Yes, I provided feedback on this sloppiness to Homie. Again, who did you buy yours from and do you too also plan to provide that seller feedback as well?

I've got no idea who I ordered it from... Aliexpress?? I just clicked on the link at the beginning of this thread and bought that.

I'll forgive them any connector woes, as they cheekily got my wheel through UK Customs describing it as a steering wheel cover valued at £81

So no Customs or Handling Charges... 😁😁👍👍👍🤩🤩🤩

I've saved £100 there, I think?

Last edited:

Attachments

• A92FCEE2-DAE8-4A79-AE79-AD0CD4670D16.jpeg
    A92FCEE2-DAE8-4A79-AE79-AD0CD4670D16.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 281
Well, Homies, looks like problems with the current Model Y's. The steering wheel casting is very different (different part numbers, even), as are the heating element connections, and no 10mm nut holding the Steering Wheel on, but rather a hex cap!. This is my wheel as I just removed it.... Sent pictures and such to Homie....

w2.jpgw1.jpgw4.jpgw3.jpgw7.jpgw6.jpg\

@GreenHokie @BojangleGuy

Last edited:
Well, Homies, looks like problems with the current Model Y's. The steering wheel casting is very different (different part numbers, even), as are the heating element connections, and no 10mm nut holding the Steering Wheel on, but rather a hex cap!. This is my wheel as I just removed it.... Sent pictures and such to Homie....

View attachment 715915View attachment 715916View attachment 715919View attachment 715920View attachment 715921View attachment 715922\

@GreenHokie @BojangleGuy
Darn it! Sorry to hear. Hope they can get it worked out soon.

I have a 2019 M3, so hopefully won’t have any issues with fitment. 🤞

View attachment 715915View attachment 715916View attachment 715919View attachment 715920View attachment 715921View attachment 715922\

@GreenHokie @BojangleGuy
Update: Since I posted this, my Homie yoke arrived. So, I proceeded to see if it would still work, and it Did! Even the heating works! Detailed review later.
@GreenHokie @BojangleGuy

Phew!! Like I said before, it’s like an emotional roller coaster ride!!! Glad it worked out after all!

Now, show us some pics, bro!!! 😁
@GreenHokie Until I write up installation instructions and a review/comparison between this and the Plaid's yoke.... I also added custom wood insert - sanded and Stained a wood dash trim walnut to match my Plaid.

Edit: Added another picture @GreenHokie

Y1.jpg

y3.jpg

Last edited:
@GreenHokie Until I write up installation instructions and a review/comparison between this and the Plaid's yoke.... I also added custom wood insert - sanded and Stained a wood dash trim walnut to match my Plaid.

Edit: Added another picture @GreenHokie

View attachment 715989

View attachment 715992

Looks great! I too want to add this to my 21 Model Y Performance, but I’m not cutting the wiring harness or splicing it. If its not plug and play, I’m not doing it.

What’s the procedure you went with? Pics if you have them would be awesome!

Reactions: GreenHokie
@BojangleGuy @GreenHokie

Okay Homies, my detailed installation and review can be found here!

Read the new write up and commented. Looks great and well done on your end! Too bad the heating isnt plug and play. Stinks for non technicals like me.

Reactions: jebinc
@BojangleGuy @GreenHokie

Okay Homies, my detailed installation and review can be found here!

Excellent! Reading your review and seeing your photos, makes me even more excited about getting/installing mine! Thanks again!

Reactions: jebinc

Thanks for the pics. I'm surprised, but I actually like the way that looks, and the yoke+stalks seems like an OK combo, you can still do everything by feel. Still don't think it's for me, but I like that you guys are experimenting and getting what you like.

One minor note- it's not the same form as the Plaid yoke. I volunteered as part of the end-of-quarter delivery at the Tesla Colma center here in Northern CA, and got to see a Plaid in real life, and the yoke on that car is quite a bit wider. Probably would not match the airbag center component if wider, and also strangely, I have to say I like the way the Aroham yoke looks better than the Plaid yoke.