Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Quality in Canberra worst in the world today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a quote to get the bioweapon defence filter retrofit done at the Richmond service centre last Nov on a 2016 updated nose model S. They were asking $860 installed, decided it was a bit exy. @ShockOnT was the $350 including installation? Seems like a no brainer at that price.
I was trying to find the invoice, but Tesla have changed the My Tesla account page and it no longer shows a document library. Bit annoying.
Was definitely $350.

I was trying to find the invoice, but Tesla have changed the My Tesla account page and it no longer shows a document library. Bit annoying.
Was definitely $350.

And they installed for you @ShockOnT? That's a bargain.

I had looked at just getting the filter @JayTee and doing it myself but would like the software update for the Bioweapon option in the MCU and imagine would need to be done by a tech.

And they installed for you @ShockOnT? That's a bargain.

I had looked at just getting the filter @JayTee and doing it myself but would like the software update for the Bioweapon option in the MCU and imagine would need to be done by a tech.
Yes they did the installation.
This was back in the day when the St Leonards service centre was vibrant and full of helpful staff.

Reactions: bradjc
I think it relates to who should have the ability to vote and how each vote is valued.
At the moment it is called Democracy. The opposite of Democracy is Tyranny!
So democratic that an 87 year old with dementia gets to vote, but a 15, 16 or 17 year old in the workforce doesn’t & hence has no say in their working conditions. The more poorly educated Boomers & Silents have tied things up in such a nice democratic package...

So democratic that an 87 year old with dementia gets to vote, but a 15, 16 or 17 year old in the workforce doesn’t & hence has no say in their working conditions. The more poorly educated Boomers & Silents have tied things up in such a nice democratic package...
Exactly my point! I repeat - it is called democracy. Everyone has choice in their lives - even under 18's.

I drove down to Melbourne this morning where air quality is poor/very poor so thought I would give Bioweapon mode a shot. Since it turns the system to auto and cranks the fan at 9 or 10 I found it rather annoying and turned it off after a few minutes. Sitting in traffic with no engine noise but a loud fan blowing at me was somewhat frustrating.

Yes it is the software feature that turns off recirculate and turns the fans up so there is positive cabin pressure which is what happens when you have BWM. The ACTUAL HEPA FILTER can be fitted into late model S and all X even when BWM was not selected as option. Anecdotally (and according to quite a few youtubers) putting in the HEPA filter even if you do not have the software enabled does clear up the air in the cabin very effectively.

Yes it is the software feature that turns off recirculate and turns the fans up so there is positive cabin pressure which is what happens when you have BWM. The ACTUAL HEPA FILTER can be fitted into late model S and all X even when BWM was not selected as option. Anecdotally (and according to quite a few youtubers) putting in the HEPA filter even if you do not have the software enabled does clear up the air in the cabin very effectively.
I can confirm this.
I upgraded to the HEPA filter when my car was a year or two old. Before the upgrade I could smell surrounding traffic, the detergent of a carwash etc.
After the upgrade, even with Biohazard switched off, there is no discernible outside smell getting into the car.
Agree that it's annoyingly loud, but I think it's best for it to be effective when you really need it (life-threatening smoke etc).