Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Quality in Canberra worst in the world today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today Canberra has again the worst air quality in the world, it was double what it is now on New Years day. wishing I bought the HEPA Air Filtration and Bioweapon Defense Mode. Does anyone know if this is available in Australia?

It’s available in new tesla. It cannot be retrofitted. Its very effective too.

I had it done to my October 2017 build Model X, best off to ask your local service centre directly.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 11.14.34 am.png

Tonight the smoke in Canberra was even worse, we are up here waiting for word on when we can get back to our place near Cobargo.
Tomorrow if the smoke is bad again we are going to just get in the car, engage bioweapon defence mode and go for a drive. Might head out to Jugiong for a few beers at the excellent pub there (NRMA charger just across the road).

@ARMARM thanks for info will book it in.
So long as it's a facelift model (about August 2016 onwards) you can get it retrofitted.
I had it retrofitted to my car (Oct 2016). I think it was $350.
Absolutely wonderful, best money I've spent. Not sure if widely known, but the filter is filtering all the time, not just when in Biohazard mode.
When in Biohazard mode it increases the fan speed to positively pressure the car, reducing ingress of outside air through cracks in doors and windows, but even in normal usage it is basically filtering all incoming air.
As far as I can tell it completely filters smoke. It is supposed to filter viruses which are about 1nm in size, so should filter PM2.5 particles (the most dangerous part of smoke) which are 2.5nm.

Reactions: Petergarrett38
So long as it's a facelift model (about August 2016 onwards) you can get it retrofitted.
Absolutely wonderful, best money I've spent. Not sure if widely known, but the filter is filtering all the time, not just when in Biohazard mode.
When in Biohazard mode it increases the fan speed to positively pressure the car, reducing ingress of outside air through cracks in doors and windows, but even in normal usage it is basically filtering all incoming air.
As far as I can tell it completely filters smoke. It is supposed to filter viruses which are about 1nm in size, so should filter PM2.5 particles (the most dangerous part of smoke) which are 2.5nm.
That explains why I can no longer smell those smokey exhausts.

Interesting, I didnt know that. Always wondered why it seems to make no difference to outside smells with Bio weapons mode on or off.

The cabin filtering is superb, we drove our S about 200km today through some pretty smoky areas, couldn't smell any smoke in the car at all.

Im thinking I will be changing the filter in a couple of months when hopefully all the smoke is gone. Living in Sydney this past 2 months has probably put 5 years of normal use on the cabin filter.

Reactions: SMAlset