Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll echo the experience others here have stated...received a voicemail from Inside Sales last night, called back after they were gone for the evening, and then received another call around midday today. I was given the same spiel and once he told me that my coil suspension 75D would not arrive before September at the earliest and upgrading to SAS would get my wife's X in the driveway sometime in July, I did not hesitate to accept the offer. We have our first child on the way in the Fall and I want my wife to feel safe and comfortable in the vehicle before she starts driving our little dude around town. I just hope they can deliver this in July, or else there will be a lot of disappointed people - I'm as patient as they come, but don't believe for a second that we would have our X with coil suspension before Q4. I'll pay the premium this time around even though I've had no issues with my coil suspension Model S.

Few more data point from my discussions yesterday while changing to SAS
- mytesla spec changes will be reflected sometime next week
- July is a confident delivery estimate. I probed on this with scepticism and allegations of too many skips and promises broken. I was told production queueing will commence in two weeks from now.

- July is a confident delivery estimate. I probed on this with scepticism and allegations of too many skips and promises broken. I was told production queueing will commence in two weeks from now.

@ssq. I'm holding you accountable if the production queuing doesn't begin by the 28th of this month!

I'm getting obsessive about this dang X now that we're all getting closer. I don't know how much more I can take!!! Help!!!

@ssq. I'm holding you accountable if the production queuing doesn't begin by the 28th of this month!

I'm getting obsessive about this dang X now that we're all getting closer. I don't know how much more I can take!!! Help!!!
ermmm.. *takes gun out and puts on head*
Disclaimer: production queue can be formed and then.... another queue can be formed with more 90Ds... and the first queue will "ramp up significantly" after a small delay but with great results.. to meet Tesla's yearly guidance but at the end of Q4.**
** these are forward looking statements and actual results may materially vary.
I was in your state of mind and then I reached a state when I gave up and stopped counting days. I do continue my fix by watching videos, spending time here and going to check out the X (3 x tesla showroom, 3x SC)

I had a very similar conversation with inside sales yesterday. My contact said 75D production would begin in about two weeks with first deliveries late June/July. I challenged her statements multiple times and she held firm and sounded confident in her information. After test driving the car for the first time yesterday, I can't wait for delivery. I was blown away by the driving experience of the X.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssq
I had a very similar conversation with inside sales yesterday. My contact said 75D production would begin in about two weeks with first deliveries late June/July. I challenged her statements multiple times and she held firm and sounded confident in her information. After test driving the car for the first time yesterday, I can't wait for delivery. I was blown away by the driving experience of the X.
I will second the info you received in regards to June/July delivery.

Full disclosure. The sales repalso said I couldn't add the tow package and also said the hitch would be the only one that could carry a bike rack.
Hard to take anything said from them seriously.

Another thing I remembered from the inside sales chat regarding SAS. I took two days and three calls to finalize, so I had asked if the people who confirmed SAS go ahead of me in production although I might have an earlier reservation. The answer is yes they will theoretically [sic] speaking. But it shouldn't matter much in the end as hundreds of Xs would be made every week.

• Helpful
Reactions: halg
I don't see how that would be possible. The 90D doesn't have a cost for SAS so how would or could you get it discounted?

The 90D was $10k with required $2500 air suspension, originally. For those of us getting air for $1250, why wouldn't we be able to add on the 90 kWh option for $10k? Just like a lot of us are adding on the tow package for $750, which also required air suspension.

Maybe that's why the sales campaign started with asking 75D to upgrade to 90D first... then, the second round of the sales campaign looped back to 75D with coils to upgrade to SAS. I believe there was also a parallel campaign to get 5 seat configurations to upgrade to 6/7 for earlier delivery.

Reactions: ssq