Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, Very Low suspension is more likely susceptible to impact damage from debris. I recall Tesla temporarily removing the lowering at high speeds on Model-S after road debris punctured a battery pack. They have since put better shielding and made suspension height user-configurable.

Wait. On it's own? How did it know if you didn't set the height for that intersection? Is it using setting logged by others?
Sorry for the delay.....
Have no clue how the car could tell. There is one Model S near me but no other Teslas in Suffolk/Smithfield VA, and only about a dozen or so in the entire Norfolk/Virginia Beach area.
First time through the intersection, we did the change manually while waiting for the light. Second time to the intersection, the car did the raise on its own.

Sorry for the delay.....
Have no clue how the car could tell. There is one Model S near me but no other Teslas in Suffolk/Smithfield VA, and only about a dozen or so in the entire Norfolk/Virginia Beach area.
First time through the intersection, we did the change manually while waiting for the light. Second time to the intersection, the car did the raise on its own.
The car remembers where you raised the suspension and raises it again each time you go near that GPS coordinate. So by manually raising it the first time, you have set it to raise all following times. No more mystery.

Reactions: goneskiian
Sorry for the delay.....
Gotcha. Yup, the first manual raise was remembered. Mystery solved indeed.

The car remembers where you raised the suspension and raises it again each time you go near that GPS coordinate. So by manually raising it the first time, you have set it to raise all following times. No more mystery.
Gotcha. Yup, the first manual raise was remembered. Mystery solved indeed.

for a long time Ford driver, it is freakin crazy that the car has the brains to do that. Lovin it!

Reactions: goneskiian
Last edited: