Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALERT! Tesla Presenting on Semi-Trucks At Wharton Innovation Conference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give y'all a heads up that someone from Tesla's trucking team is going to give a presentation this Thursday at Wharton Innovation Institute's Spring Conference (the focus is on ESG).

Hopefully some good insights. Not sure if any general investor can come. But just had to throw out there, doesn't hurt to submit an application for an attendee spot. If not, I'll take notes and update this group.

FYI, I know about this because I'm another one of the speakers at the conference (my talk is on energy consumption in blockchain). So y'all should listen to my talk as well hahaha.

Showing that the Tesla Semi will have a bigger impact on the Tesla mission per kWh of batteries used. (And he mentioned Semis having 500-750kWh packs.)
Thanks for the heads up.

1651765936563.png

Last edited:
Tesla day cab Semi can cover 80+% of trips:

View attachment 800793
This seems really important. The battery supply will be the constraining factors for quite a number of years. So leading with a 300 mile range as opposed to 500+ miles means being able to get more semis on the road quicker. It looks like 300 miles could be adequate to address about 80% of the semi market. It's going to be quite a number of years before electric semis even supply half of the new semi market. It'll be nice to offer a few long haul electric semis, but not super critical for capturing the bulk of the market.

I'm confused by several things.

1) Why is this in the Investors Forum?

2) Tesla received an ESG score of 28.5 (ranked 39th out of 79 among auto makers). Why would they be invited to an ESG conference?

3) Tesla doesn't manufacture semis. Why was the person they invited the Program Manager of the Semi Truck? There are multiple manufacturers of BEV Semis. Did representatives of those companies turn down offers to speak?

Anyway, this seems more like a post for the Semi dedicated forum.

Super reporting! Thanks. Can you tell us what LCFS credits are? I’m interested in running these numbers with our local kWh pricing. Commercial is under 3 cents. Demand charges are limited to June 1st to Aug 31, noon to 8pm with our commercial rate.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Can you tell us what LCFS credits are?
Sorry, I was going to expand on that, but got busy trying to keep up with the presentation: Low Carbon Fuel Standard

Essentially they pay you to use low carbon fuels. You can see the dashboard to see what fuel has generated credits here: Dashboard | California Air Resources Board

Nice, but where's the reporting on my session? Where's the love? Hahahah.

Sorry, I barely had time for this one, it just happened to work out that I was able to watch a portion of the one prior and the Semi presentations in-between other meetings.

What I found interesting was when he said that the structure of a truck (being more of a cube than a long rectange in passenger car) was actually more efficient.
I missed that comment, the bane of multi-tasking. Did I miss anything else that was interesting? (It seems like the slides really contained most of the information he was sharing.)

Sorry, I barely had time for this one, it just happened to work out that I was able to watch a portion of the one prior and the Semi presentations in-between other meetings.

I missed that comment, the bane of multi-tasking. Did I miss anything else that was interesting? (It seems like the slides really contained most of the information he was sharing.)

Everything was recorded. I'm not sure if he authorized media release on it, but hopefully so! And we can all watch it :)

Mine's definitely recorded ;) will paste here when so.