Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
truck-render.jpg

This conforms to the teaser image and Elon's statement that the teaser is the front of the truck.

And it is not absurdly ugly,weird, or un aerodynamic.

First mockup I've seen that hits on what I am expecting. This one gets the slope of the windshield right IMHO, and comes up with a door and body style that fits with overall Tesla design language. I would imagine some Semi-style headlights under the "light band."

truck-render.jpg

This conforms to the teaser image and Elon's statement that the teaser is the front of the truck.

And it is not absurdly ugly,weird, or un aerodynamic.

I like the look.
At one point Elon said it would seat 6. Assuming dual row benches, the door setup will need to be a little different. Seems like driver seat would be cut off by hinge pillar.
Turning radius will be big with the rear tires that far back, but departure angle will be good.
Add a power tapered cover for the bed (doubles as a wind deflector when towing) and you have the APC look...

Reactions: riverFox
Wheels/tires are very un aerodynamic. That's the only part of that render that I think is off. The rest looks like it might end up being close.

That is not a fundamental part of the design. Just accessories.

Anyone can have an off-road wheel package inside their garage and an on-road wheel package on the truck for everyday use.

Of course there will be numnutz that will use the off-road wheel package for everyday highway use.

I like the look.
At one point Elon said it would seat 6. Assuming dual row benches, the door setup will need to be a little different. Seems like driver seat would be cut off by hinge pillar.
Turning radius will be big with the rear tires that far back, but departure angle will be good.
Add a power tapered cover for the bed (doubles as a wind deflector when towing) and you have the APC look...

I think the real truck will debut with 4 doors.

And the 2 door many never see production.

First mockup I've seen that hits on what I am expecting. This one gets the slope of the windshield right IMHO, and comes up with a door and body style that fits with overall Tesla design language. I would imagine some Semi-style headlights under the "light band."
As long as it doesn’t have the Greta Thunberg crazy eyes like the Rivian I would buy this with the right specs.

I'm curious what the interior is going to look like. If it will embrace the same setup as the Model 3/Y (seems likely?), S/X (seems less likely), or debut a new control layout. It seems to me that the unique use-cases of a pickup might call for a different control layout, but I don't really have a picture in my mind of what that would be.