Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh... that forum was unmoderated... posting there be like...

x5xywjsm-1408328259.jpg

Hank: yep very clever. But, the question was name a COUNTRY, please reread my post. I am sure you can name several. Like I mentioned I am sure that someone will have several.

I was referring to the comments below, which clearly are not directed at the government, but Tesla or other people who might disagree with you.

At the risk of offending, or upsetting anyone ...
I may have to purchase free speech insurance
like is being sold in our fantastic and honorable University's today.

Tesla has no track record of communication to the reservation holders or owners.
A vague suggestion that leaves months, sometimes years to fulfill many things.

Hope not to use my FREE SPEECH INSURANCE, one never knows.
Asking questions seems to be a no, no.

If you live in a country that does not have free speech, sorry bout that. Be happy.

Getting "free speech insurance" (whatever that is) does not prevent the consequences of offending or upsetting anyone. That's my point. Free speech is not a free pass to say whatever you want without consequences.

With the TM forum remaining off line for so long now, I am left to wonder if Tesla simply took it offline to reduce visibility to MX quality issues and growing delivery delays. Access to that information certainly can't be helping sales or investor confidence (note massive stock price decline over the last week).

If the site comes back totally revamped then it will have been worth the wait and clearly nothing more than a poorly managed technical transition.
If the site comes back largely the same then I will leave it to everyone to draw their own conclusions (mine is stated above).
If it never comes back it will only deprive existing and potential customers of valuable insights that fill in the massive gaps of information provided by Tesla Motors about their products.

Someone asked what does this have to do with the Model S. The answer is that the support people have lost credibility which doesn't help Tesla's reputation. Saying you are going to do something and then not doing it reflects poorly on the organization.
I don't care how long it is down or if they kill it altogether. This forum has more tools and features. But say what you are going to do and do it.

Someone asked what does this have to do with the Model S. The answer is that the support people have lost credibility which doesn't help Tesla's reputation. Saying you are going to do something and then not doing it reflects poorly on the organization.
I don't care how long it is down or if they kill it altogether. This forum has more tools and features. But say what you are going to do and do it.

I think the question was more inquiring why this was originally posted in the Model S forum, rather than the Tesla Motors section of the forum (where it has now been moved).

Hank, there are several U. S. University campuses that the students and University has proposed or are instituting "Free Speech Insurance" for students. (Do Google search). Neither are governmental, maybe a couple are private.

I know free speech is not absolute, thanks for the reminding.

Hank, there are several U. S. University campuses that the students and University has proposed or are instituting "Free Speech Insurance" for students. (Do Google search). Neither are governmental, maybe a couple are private.

I don't think 'free speech insurance' means what you think it means. You might follow some of the links you get from a google search and read the content.

I, for one, am really hoping Tesla gets their forum back up shortly.

How hard would it have been to have the "Forum" link display a page that said "undergoing maintenance, will be back 'shortly'." and then redirect us to the main page?
Or simply change the forum link to say Forums - not available at this time?

Many didn't see that short warning that it was going down.

I'll give them a rating of "Poor form, old chap".

I would rather the gentle redirect rather than "Page Cannot Be Displayed" At least that means they knew what they were doing when they took it down ;)

You have got to be smoking something really, really good, or you don't get satire. There is no such thing as "Free Speech Insurance". It's a JOKE.

The UC board of trustees has decided that those students who identify as white Caucasians will be charged an additional $1,000 fee per semester to pay for mandated "Free Speech Insurance". The Board said this was to pay for any medical expense incurred by a minority who suffers extreme emotional trauma coming from the mouth of "Whitey". Get use to it---more is coming!!!!

Berkeley: white students to purchase free-speech insurance

I didn't post the subject under Model S, but under the Tesla News section.
Now it has been moved by the Easter Bunny. Is this what happens on this forum, the moderator shuffles the posts?
How would you ever find your posts again?

Your subscriptions persist across merged and moved threads. You can search your posts. There are many ways to keep up.

I started a new thread because I didn't find this one. It got about 3 or 4 replies then got moved to here. Only found it here because I searched my own name.

Isn't it obvious that Tesla really doesn't like you/ us all? If they did they would communicate that they do. OTAs and all, and they can't manage to be civil.
I wonder how long this post will last before it disappears down the Bunny Burrow?

I might copy it to my bookmarks..