Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I enjoy vperl's posts most of the time with his subtle taunting of Tesla motors complainers with his trademarked "Be happy, buy a KIA" signature. It's no wonder he doesn't like it here in the TMC forums, many more people calling out his BS. Just wait for the accusations of "micro aggressions" and "racism" for pointing out his deliberate (as evidenced by his once in a while perfectly spelled and coherent posts) misspelling of peoples names and other words.

Thanks from me for the free speech lesson too HankLloydRight! ;-)

Cheers!

Isn't it obvious that Tesla really doesn't like you/ us all? If they did they would communicate that they do. OTAs and all, and they can't manage to be civil.
I wonder how long this post will last before it disappears down the Bunny Burrow?

Tesla isn't associated with this forum and doesn't interact with it. So I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.

Isn't it obvious that Tesla really doesn't like you/ us all? If they did they would communicate that they do. OTAs and all, and they can't manage to be civil
I truly do not understand what you are trying to say.
I have had nothing but positive interactions with every Tesla employee I have ever spoken to over the last 2+ years, including Elon.

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious that Tesla really doesn't like you/ us all? If they did they would communicate that they do. OTAs and all, and they can't manage to be civil/QUOTE]I truly do not understand what you are trying to say.
I have had nothing but positive interactions with every Tesla employee I have ever spoken to over the last 2+ years, including Elon.

I am saying that on the other forum people have been listing suggestions, complaints, praise, requests and even letters to Elon.
It all goes unacknowledged, like praying to a wooden god.

I am saying that on the other forum people have been listing suggestions, complaints, praise, requests and even letters to Elon.

Totally not true. There are countless stories on both that forum and this one, of people being contacted by their local service team or others after posting a problem. They may not go on the forum to respond, but there is plenty of evidence that they respond.

Well mostly. I'm sure there are some responses they'd LIKE to give, but better judgment prevents them from doing so. :)

With the TM forum remaining off line for so long now, I am left to wonder if Tesla simply took it offline to reduce visibility to MX quality issues and growing delivery delays. Access to that information certainly can't be helping sales or investor confidence (note massive stock price decline over the last week).

If the site comes back totally revamped then it will have been worth the wait and clearly nothing more than a poorly managed technical transition.
If the site comes back largely the same then I will leave it to everyone to draw their own conclusions (mine is stated above).
If it never comes back it will only deprive existing and potential customers of valuable insights that fill in the massive gaps of information provided by Tesla Motors about their products.

Considering this forum is quite possibly larger than the TM forum (it comes up before the Tesla owned forum if you search for Tesla forums), I think closing the forum to squash comments on problems with the MX is kind of foolish. Most of those people will/are voicing their concerns on this forum.

I'm not surprised the Model X has production and quality problems. It's a vehicle with some brand new technology that has never gone into a car before. Some of it has never been done before period (such as the sensors in the falcon doors). I doubt Tesla will ever be able to produce MXs at the same rate as MSs and it's going to have quality issues for some time.

I recommend watching Consumer Reports Talking Cars on car reliability from last October:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuO3_lqJIMM
http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/talking-cars-podcast-highlights-latest-car-reliability-trends

They talk about what happens when a car manufacturer (any company) rolls out redesigned models. The quality always drops. They talk about Ford who brought out a lot of redesigned cars very close together and their overall quality dropped to the bottom third. The Model S had a lot of teething problems, but they are mostly worked out now. That took almost 3 years to get the quality up. The Model X may have a shorter curve, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is plagued with quality problems for 2 years. This would be true of Mercedes or BMW too if they tried something as high tech as the Model X. The BMW i3 has a reliability rating of -37 (37% below average) on Consumer Reports.

I am sure various people at Telsa read some of the posts and learn from them. I do not expect Tesla to directly respond to every post asking a question of making a suggestion, as between TMC and Teslas own forums there are hundreds of such posts every day! Though as Bonnie points out, there are many instances of Tesla responding or taking action based on forum posts.
Obviously Elon has very little time to respond to questions posted online.
I think your expectations are about as realistic as the idea that "prayer" to anything is going to produce a result.

Last edited:
Not true Ross. The local tesla people do make contact if you post a genuine problem.
In my opinion that forum had far too much negativity and untrue comments. I nearly cancelled my purchase after reading some of it. Really glad that I didn't, as many of the comments simply were not true. Tesla needed to get rid of it as I'm sure it was impacting on sales.

Paul, I was going to ask you if it would have made a difference to your purchases.
What comments were untrue for example? McLary's obviously (lol)

- - - Updated - - -

....because practically all I know/ have learned about Tesla relates to that forum.
I've been on it 6 months, during which time my TSLA stock has dropped from $260.
That was my MX fund...

I haven't followed this thread closely so perhaps this has already been brought up, but what amazes me is that Tesla has not taken the simplist of steps to communicate what is going on by putting in a redirect to a page with info about what's up.

If they are getting out of the forum hosting business, just say so, if their redesign is running behind schedule, just say so...

it's called COMMUNICATION Tesla, it's not hard, but you don't seem to be very good at it.

I haven't followed this thread closely so perhaps this has already been brought up, but what amazes me is that Tesla has not taken the simplist of steps to communicate what is going on by putting in a redirect to a page with info about what's up.

If they are getting out of the forum hosting business, just say so, if their redesign is running behind schedule, just say so...

it's called COMMUNICATION Tesla, it's not hard, but you don't seem to be very good at it.

Nazi.jpg

Please calm down. It's not a big deal in my opinion "communicating" everytime a thing takes more time than it was estimated initially. Please use TMC till then. Just a suggestion, you can ignore it if you want.
This would be great advice, but the "72 hour" downtime window expired like on Thursday evening. Tesla did communicate that the fora would be down, and gave a time range. Tesla really should provide an update at least to assuage the fears that they are killing the fora for nefarious purposes.

That is unrealistic and unreasonable fear, just like many other criticisms about Tesla and expectations from it. Tesla shouldn't waste time on these issues because its human nature as of now and no matter what Tesla does, people will find something to fear about.
This comment is reply to @rxlawdude comment.