Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoops, when Tesla wants you to confirm your MX, you get connected to design your X. After you confirm a couple days pass and you are locked in, your 5k is theirs, any changes YOU make cost $500 .

Many have had delivery dates 4-6 times delayed. I, will wait, but when delays are repeated, one gets anxious maybe you have no anxiety, my level is very low level.

Hope not to use my FREE SPEECH INSURANCE, one never knows.

Asking questions seems to be a no, no.

If you live in a country that does not have free speech, sorry bout that. Be happy.

Still no TeslaMotors forum, and I cannot even find any links to it on their website.
What am I missing, and where is it ... thanks, Gary
Gary,

You are missing nothing. Every "Forums" link I find at Tesla's web site lands at the Autopilot video page. The same occurs with old links in my history. Unless there is a backdoor link, there is no entry that I have experienced. (You can find the Forums link at the bottom of the Support page.)

IMHO, Tesla Motors may have decided to increase sales by getting all the links to their forum to land everyone on a sales page.

Sure does make keeping up with my X obsessive reading easier to only have to come here for news.

Bonus is I get to read vperl posts that are actually coherent and contain proper English spelling! Yay! ;-)

Too bad they're only in this thread though and not in any of the X threads. Seriously though, it's good to know you're still out there waiting for your X. Miss reading your trademarked signature though! Be Happy, Buy a Kia.

Cheers!

Before I bought my first tesla Model S I went to fashion Island in Newport Beach and asked the salesman how to arrange a test drive. He condescended to respond to me that they only allow interested buyers to test drive their cars. I suspect he said that because I was dressed in my old Levi's and t-shirt so he concluded that I couldn't afford to purchase the car.

I doubt I was dressed any better when I first test drove the car in Palo Alto. The closest I had to not being offered a test drive was in Fremont when the P85D was relatively new. I asked if it was possible to test drive one, and was told that people normally need to make appointments and they don't have people around for that. I told them that that was fine and the only reason I asked was that I was at the service department anyway and figured that while I was there I'd see if anybody was free. They quickly changed their tone and got me a test drive, although their initial tone didn't really qualify as condescending.

The worst I was ever dressed when car shopping didn't stop somebody from selling me a car. I had been working on my car, and was wearing old and stained clothing. I had spilled some gasoline while doing it, which softened up some tar on the asphalt and made me far dirtier. I realized I needed to buy a part, and headed to a store. I walked by a car lot and something caught my eye. I didn't expect to be approached by a salesman, but I was. A few moments earlier, I had been subject to rude remarks from a stranger who was no doubt in the habit of giving a hard time to the homeless. I somehow ended up buying a car.

It's not up to sales people to assess how likely a person is to buy a car based on how that person is dressed. That's a sure way to lose a sale.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a major overhaul of most of the web site by the looks of it ... I had a panic when I noticed the extended warranty option for my MS is no longer right on the MyTesla page, but instead there is a link from the Support page but right now that just brings you right back to the same MyTesla page. I can't imagine they're eliminating the extended warranty but at the moment there just doesn't seem to be a way for me to buy it, online anyway.

As for the forum, I am always impressed by companies brave enough to host their own public forum. I'd suggest it's on crappy software specifically to marginalize it.

I also noticed that the option is gone to get the extended service. Last week, the system was changed so there were no longer tabs for the various documents, and release notes disappeared completely. Now that part has been restructured, and new release notes appeared for 7.1, and 6.0 release notes came back. The layout of that area changed, user uploaded documents were retained, but the system doesn't recognize existing uploaded documents as such, and I'd have no way of changing or deleting them. That's not particularly a big deal for me, but if I had a purchase in the works it could have been an issue.

As for the forums, there have been a number of times in the past that they were down for maintenance, and Tesla did exactly what they are doing now. They did a redirect with no error message.

JayNT: Not exactly, free speech in the United States is in the Constitution.

Please name the countries that have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights that protects free speech the way the U.S.Constitution and Bill of Rights do.

I am sure you. can refresh my memory. Thanks

Constitutional Law was along time ago for me, please set me straight, Thanks again.

Thread Derail Warning:

Everyone seems to be so caught up these days with "FREE SPEECH" when it comes to many things where it just does not apply.

Yes, it's the 1st amendment, but it ONLY pertains to GOVERNMENTAL censorship. The GOVERNMENT can not limit your free speech.

In this country, you are free to say anything you want, anywhere (well, there are a few exceptions*), without fear that the GOVERNMENT will punish you for it.

What the 1st Amendment does not give you is protection of the consequences from your "free speech." If Tesla (or anyone else) wants to do X, Y. OR Z based on what you said, THEY CAN. THIS IS NOT A "FREE SPEECH" issue. They are perfectly within their right to squelch you, cancel your order, or call you nasty names. Those are the consequences of exercising your "free speech."

If you're talking about having your free speech impinged, and you're not talking about the government doing it, you're doing it wrong.

* i.e. You can't run into a theater and yell 'FIRE' and claim that's 'free speech'.

xkcd free speech censorship.png

Thread Derail Warning:

Everyone seems to be so caught up these days with "FREE SPEECH" when it comes to many things where it just does not apply.

Yes, it's the 1st amendment, but it ONLY pertains to GOVERNMENTAL censorship. The GOVERNMENT can not limit your free speech.

In this country, you are free to say anything you want, anywhere (well, there are a few exceptions*), without fear that the GOVERNMENT will punish you for it.

What the 1st Amendment does not give you is protection of the consequences from your "free speech." If Tesla (or anyone else) wants to do X, Y. OR Z based on what you said, THEY CAN. THIS IS NOT A "FREE SPEECH" issue. They are perfectly within their right to squelch you, cancel your order, or call you nasty names. Those are the consequences of exercising your "free speech."

If you're talking about having your free speech impinged, and you're not talking about the government doing it, you're doing it wrong.

* i.e. You can't run into a theater and yell 'FIRE' and claim that's 'free speech'.

Almost exactly what my attorney SO says whenever these things come up. No disagreement here.

Where has my other forum gone?

The forum at Tesla Motors closed for a short time for maintenance, improvements or whatever.
But it hasn't come back to the best of my knowledge.
Or is it lurking where I haven't looked?
Does anyone have access to it?

:mad::crying: