Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Season Tyres for 19" Model S (sorry)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, apologies in advance for yet another tyre thread but I seem to be struggling to find All Season Tyres for the 19" (245/45/19) wheels for the Model S.

Found these Goodyear Eagle Touring. Only 234.30 £ but I really want to know what other options are available for All Season as where I live and work we have such varied weather that Winter tyres are overkill and I also don't want to keep switching between Summer/Winter.

I have seen good reviews for the following but seem to struggle finding them being available in the size 245/45/19 and whether these are suitable for the Tesla (weight of the car, do they really need foam etc?)
Continental All Season Contact
Michelin CrossClimate (also have these on our Audi Q7)
Nokian Weatherproof

Also, if I purchase the tyres directly, who is best to fit them? Any recommendations in the Surrey area?

thanks for any advice. My current tyres are down to 2.5-3mm by the looks of it and winter is coming so want to get something sorted. Have done 18,000 miles this year on the current tyres.

Reactions: MagicMagicD
Who uses the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus'?

I have the P7's so far about 5000 miles on them. I would say they are not great in the rain they have a little bit of slipping but overall i think they are worth it nothing scary, just not maybe as sticky as they could be.... look at the link below for tirerack review. they have a 70k mile warranty on the tread life... so I am very happy to not buy tires every other year or every year. not sure what the requirements are in the UK for tires. We have had one snow fall here in Maryland USA already and these did great in our heavy wet snow. I have a second set of dedicated snow tires, that are at the end of their tread life..so I am thinking to not change out this season, since we don't get a terrible amount of snow...

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...toYear=2015&autoModel=Model+S&autoModClar=P85

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=231

• Informative
Reactions: Penfold
I have been considering Bridgestone Weather Control A005 for my MS with 19" wheels. They seem to be sold out in several UK stores. Interestingly, these tyres are apparently dramatically cheaper in France.
funny enough I have just been searching for these. I looked at them before but totally forgot about them but like you say, are sold out pretty much everywhere. The only place that apparently have them in stock is here but never hear of them or used before: Tyre Bridgestone Weather Control A005 245/45 R19 102V XL, 3PMSF - TyreLeader.co.uk

funny enough I have just been searching for these. I looked at them before but totally forgot about them but like you say, are sold out pretty much everywhere. The only place that apparently have them in stock is here but never hear of them or used before: Tyre Bridgestone Weather Control A005 245/45 R19 102V XL, 3PMSF - TyreLeader.co.uk
I am toying with the idea of taking a drive to France for a set of the Bridgestone Weather Control tyres, because they are currently advertised at under €140 each (before fitting). My current tyres still have a fair bit of tread left, so I might do this next year.

Ordered Bridgestone Weather Control A005’s and paid for at Tyreleader (they state they only list what they ha e in stock) to then get reply stating out of stock but will take 3-5 working days to pay me back grrr so then ordered from openeo (was out of stock the day before) to then be told they are out of stock but can get some someone else for £6 per tyre more so agree and pay difference to then be told they can’t get from other supplier. Agreed to wait until Monday to see if stock comes in of will then cancel order grrr

For tyre changes..anything they need to do differently?

They just need to be careful to position the jack properly, you don’t want the battery pack damaged. Also the torque on the wheel nuts is high at 175nM. The manual has a page on it, and I think with air suspension (which I don’t have) there’s a setting to put the car in.

Where are you having them changed...? I don’t trust kwitfit. I am in surrey/berks area.
For tyre changes..anything they need to do differently?
Not sure yet, will use a local fitter somewhere. It’s no different than any other car, just need to ensure they follow the manual. Well that’s if I ever manage to source any. Don’t really want to go down the Goodyear route as they have worse rolling resistance and don’t want just winter tyres

where I live and work we have such varied weather that Winter tyres are overkill and I also don't want to keep switching between Summer/Winter.

I'm in the other camp. Winter Tyres seem (to me) to be worth it so I change "about now" - once the temperature is consistently below 10C, sooner if shocking weather is forecast earlier in the Autumn, and then change back in Spring once icy roads are unlikely. But I do have a Big Shed to put the other-set in ... for all 4 vehicles that have two-sets.

I don't suppose you are significantly more tropical in leafy-Surrey :) so interested in the All Season vs. Winters debate. I have, rightly or wrongly, taken the view that All Seasons are a compromise, but happy to become better educated.

I'm out in the countryside; 10 minutes to the dual carriageway, first half of that is on untreated back roads, so on Winter mornings likely to be some ice, and last 10 minutes of commute is similar. Plus on the odd occasions we get some snow then all help is appreciated. A heavy car helps of course :)

I remember the years (decades!) before Winter Tyres. I was young and though having the tail out in the snow was Jolly Good Fun and all that, but every journey was perilous and I was disciplined to have my whits about me ... but even so on a couple of occasions concentration lapsed and the ticker went 20-to-the-dozen. Also at high risk of having someone else's accident because even if my path was sure I didn't have much leeway to change it - e.g. to get out of some idiot's way.

My assumption is that Winter Tyres are a befit on icy mornings, also for the few days when we might have some snow, so I prefer to have the best & safest boots I can. Same goes for the rest of the family (hence the 4x sets in the shed ...). But maybe that opinion is overkill?

In case of interest to anyone I have bought tyres from Camskill. Prices have been good, and my local boys fit them for a £fiver or so. I tell them the Camskill price and if they can match it that's fine by me ... if not they are happy with four-fivers :)

https://www.camskill.co.uk/

Can't see any Goodyear Eagle Touring, they have Bridgestone A005 Weather Control @ £222 and the Goodyear LS2 Eagle but that's listed as a RunFlat.

So I have my Bridgestone Weather Control A005’s on now. Although weather has not been too bad yet, a bit wet but nothing major but am happy how quiet they are. No real noticeable difference from the standard summer tyres for sound and breaking all seems great. Wait for snow (if it comes) to see how well they perform

My tire-shop can't get any Winter tyres - "Bikini effect, Sir. Can get you Summer tyres at this time of year" ... not sure what is supposed to happen if you did buy Winter Tyres at the opportune time ... and then got a puncture mid-Winter and needed a replacement

They are happy to fit ones that I buy online though, so was about to order Nokian WRA4 based on Economy=B, Wet stopping=B and noise = 69dB, they are also "cheap" at £161 a corner.

Alternatives are

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 - E :( / C / 70db @ £224.45
Continental ContiWinterContact TS830P B / C / 72db @ £210.05
or TS850P C / C / 72db @ £197.80
Dunlop WinterSport 3D E / E / 68db £171.30
Hankook W320 C / C / 72db - No stock

I've just fitted Nokian WR A4 245/45 R19 102V XL

4 @ £130.25 = £521.00 + VAT = £625.20
(though someone else who tried to buy them from the same source said that the price has gone up since I ordered back in October).

Not had them on long enough to really comment how good they are - on the day of fitting, my immediate impression on the drive home was that they were quieter than the Goodyear original-equipment that I'd had on in the morning.

Efficiency is at least tolerable - it was actually better on my way home than on the way out, though not actually comparable (outbound was main roads without much traffic but dry, return was back roads to avoid the traffic hence slower, but pissing with rain).