Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Tesla Vehicles now being produced have full self driving hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Jjdsyd, I had a chat with the DS on Thursday and they had confirmed that my car has not entered production. I have the same status as you, delivery expected early December, VIN issued on MyTesla but no production status. They were just confirming if my car would have the tech in it when it is manufactured or if I needed to delay it further to ensure it had the new tech in there (waiting on callback still). Given the announcements recently I am assuming that every car not yet manufactured will have the tech and they would have informed you if you car had gone into production. I will let you know when I get the call back but with the same status my car has not entered production as yet.

Hey Jjdsyd, I had a chat with the DS on Thursday and they had confirmed that my car has not entered production. I have the same status as you, delivery expected early December, VIN issued on MyTesla but no production status. They were just confirming if my car would have the tech in it when it is manufactured or if I needed to delay it further to ensure it had the new tech in there (waiting on callback still). Given the announcements recently I am assuming that every car not yet manufactured will have the tech and they would have informed you if you car had gone into production. I will let you know when I get the call back but with the same status my car has not entered production as yet.

Thanks NCG. That's helpful (and encouraging). With most other cars I have ordered, this is very little delay between the VIN being communicated and production status, but I gather Tesla is different.

The funny thing is, even I don't want to accept the car if it doesn't have the 2.0 tech, I will probably pass on paying for the EAP or the FSD AP until after I take delivery and it is well baked and sorted. I really don't need to paying anymore for this car right now than I already am (I notice the luxury tax is a bit higher than the number in my contract...). I just want to be sure I am future proofing as much as possible (knowing full well that a year from now there will be some other development I will wish I had...).

I got an email last weekend asking if I wanted to upgrade my Model X order
to the version 2 autopilot. The car now has 8 cameras and radar Vs the one camera on current version 1 cars.
There are 2 levels available. The base level is $4400 and operates like a smarter version of what version 1 is now. The full monty autonomous drive version is another $7700 on top of the $4400 and it won't be fully operable until approved by the authorities at some unknown date in the future.

A fully loaded P100D with the full Monty version 2 autopilot is now $315k ish OTR in Victoria. At that money I don't think you will see too many examples out in the wild.

Thanks NCG. That's helpful (and encouraging). With most other cars I have ordered, this is very little delay between the VIN being communicated and production status, but I gather Tesla is different.

The funny thing is, even I don't want to accept the car if it doesn't have the 2.0 tech, I will probably pass on paying for the EAP or the FSD AP until after I take delivery and it is well baked and sorted. I really don't need to paying anymore for this car right now than I already am (I notice the luxury tax is a bit higher than the number in my contract...). I just want to be sure I am future proofing as much as possible (knowing full well that a year from now there will be some other development I will wish I had...).
I had my call back. They confirmed my vehicle was manufactured with the tech (my car finished production on 31/1/2016), I don't have to upgrade to EAP, it comes with the standard AP as per my customisation and the owner advisor said just to wait anyway until all features are sorted and validated and then pay for the EAP in six months to avoid LCT. Btw, it is still not showing in MyTesla as manufactured and they still cannot get me an invoice but they're stating it will be here around the 7/8th December, depending exactly when it goes on the boat.