Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All-weather floor mats, trunk/frank mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for all weather mats for the driver and passenger areas and would love to hear some recommendations.

I have the all weather frunk and trunk mats made by Tesla and really like them. They are custom designed by Tesla so you really can’t beat that. I wish they made them for inside the car as well.

TuxMat Floor Liners

Good for snowy and bad weather climates, excellent coverage.

Look better in person. At the Plug in America event where I had my Model 3 everyone liked the look. Kept waiting for Weathertech since I've always bought those for my other cars but the TuxMats are a good option.
Weathertech has lost a lot of sales to other suppliers. Hard to believe they still don't carry them for the 3.

Last edited:
Really depends on how you define "best". Looks, coverage, long-term durability? If you want mats for interior, trunk (upper & lower), and frunk, Tuxmat is probably the best choice that gives high coverage. From pictures alone, the Maxpider looks better to me but the Tuxmat looks like it has better coverage so I went with that.

Really depends on how you define "best". Looks, coverage, long-term durability? If you want mats for interior, trunk (upper & lower), and frunk, Tuxmat is probably the best choice that gives high coverage. From pictures alone, the Maxpider looks better to me but the Tuxmat looks like it has better coverage so I went with that.

Does it need to be clipped in or can you just lay them in? Don't want to go through the hassle of placing the clips for the mats

Does it need to be clipped in or can you just lay them in? Don't want to go through the hassle of placing the clips for the mats
I posted this in another thread:
IMO:

3dMaxpider: good protection, best looks, good quality, best usability
Tuxmat: best protection, good looks, good quality, acceptable usability
Toughpro: acceptable protection, acceptable looks, acceptable quality, good usability

I personally rank them in that order, but looks are subjective.

You can find reviews and comparisons on YouTube.
The Tuxmat mats provide the best protection (coverage) but they don’t fit/look right unless you clip them in, and unclipping and reclipping the mats to clean them with a hose is a hassle. That is why, in my opinion, usability is lower than the other mats.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhzmark
I got the ToughPro ones as a temporary solution until WeatherTech releases some (although I’m beginning to wonder if that’s ever going to happen). They not bad, but the side coverage is non-existent. I’ve seen all three in person, I think if I wasn’t waiting then I would go with 3D Maxpider based on looks, I don’t really like the look of the Tuxmats.

I am looking for all weather mats for the driver and passenger areas and would love to hear some recommendations.

I have the all weather frunk and trunk mats made by Tesla and really like them. They are custom designed by Tesla so you really can’t beat that. I wish they made them for inside the car as well.

Pretty sure those are weathertechs with Tesla/Model 3 logo

I am very pleased with the look, feel, and function of the 3D Maxpider all-weather interior mats. I waited to order them from Costco, as that seemed to be the best deal including shipping to Canada. They arrived just in the nick of time, as the rainy weather has just started. We also have the Tesla all-weather trunk and frunk mats and they get the job done.

Kira, did you order from costco.ca? I never saw the custom fit maxpider mats through their site - seemed to only have it for the model X and S

Yes, I did - here's the link:

Costco Wholesale

I understand that the supplier is sold out until later this month (?) but last time they sold out within hours, so it's a good idea to check regularly and/or add this thread to your notifications, as others may post when more mats are in stock:

Model 3 3D Maxpider Floor Mats

3D Maxpider by a large margin. Comes at a premium price, but these are the first all weather mats I owned that genuinely look nice. And I had a lot of Merc / BMW / Audi OEM weather mats before.....

There's also a group buy on the 3DMaxpider mats for $205 shipped w/a $25 gift certificate

Makes it a no-brainer.... IF you can wait 1-2 months for delivery.

I personally went with the Tesla/WeatherTech trunk/frunk mats but 3DMX is supposedly coming out with trunk/frunk mats 'soon'.

You do need the clips and it is an extra step to remove the mats. As for hassle, depends how you look at it. Since these mats are higher in coverage than all others, less likely to get stuff behind them so less "hassle" cleaning the carpet underneath.

I ended up buying front, back, upper trunk, lower trunk, and frunk. I kind of like that they all match and not have a mishmash of different products.