TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All Weather Floor Mats?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TehDoak, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TehDoak

TehDoak Member

Anyone seen any all weather floor mats (i.e. WeatherTech, etc) for the Model 3 yet? Tesla has them available for the S/X via the store.

2. 03DSG

03DSG Member

Weathertech makes the mats for the S. If you compare the ones on Tesla's site and Weathertech's site they are identical except for the label. Weathertech does not make dedicated mats for the X and the ones on Tesla's website sure don't look like weathertech's ( maybe due to low volume?). Due to the M3 scale I fully expect Weathertech will have Floorliners and Mats ASAP and possible supply Tesla's.
    FWIW I use their Floorliners in my vehicles and love them. Power wash, treat them and they look good as new.

3. trm2

trm2 Member

They need to get their hands on one to measure. It may be a while.

4. AceSkywalker

AceSkywalker Member

5. Runt8

Runt8 Member

They obviously have some sort of arrangement if Tesla is selling rebranded WeatherTech mats. I’m guessing they would be happy to provide a M3 for measuring.

• Like x 1
  6. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

I have never owned weathertech mats. I know that they are high quality, but Do they take the luxury level down a notch since they are rubber?

7. trm2

trm2 Member

I wouldn't say they take anything away from the car. I have Weathertechs in my car, but they weren't available for my wife's when we got that, so I got Husky Liners - the fit is far superior to that of the Weathertechs.

8. Xenius

Xenius Member

This sort of depends. It changes the acoustics in the car a bit versus just having the carpet mats in there, but I don't think it takes the luxury level down. Maybe adds a few notches to the "utilitarian" category. I prefer having the all weather matts in though, pulling them out and washing them down is pretty effortless compared to dealing with the carpet.

9. McManX

McManX Member

It took a VERY long time for the model x mats to be available. Hopefully the 3 will be different

10. codex57

codex57 Member

They're different looking than plain all weather mats. The lip and how it conforms exactly to the passenger foot wells rather than sitting on top of just the bottom flat part make them (and all good liners) look much better. As long as they color match the interior (pretty easy to do with black), I don't think it really detracts from the luxury. Especially after time since they're much easier to clean.

If you're really worried about it, there are also companies that make custom fit mats made out of that clear plastic material that's the same as those mats your office chair rolls on top of. Since it's clear, it's not really noticeable and lets the color of the carpet show through. I've got that in one of my cars. Also easy to clean, but it won't hold water or a lot of dirt so you may have to really clean the edges where it meets the carpet. Slippery too. In places like SoCal where there's no real weather beyond pleasant and dry, it's not a big deal. If you get a lot of rain or snow, I don't know if they'll work that well.

11. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

It took over a year for them to come out for the X. Hopefully the 3 will be a lot sooner

• Like x 1