Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Weather Floor Mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weathertech makes the mats for the S. If you compare the ones on Tesla's site and Weathertech's site they are identical except for the label. Weathertech does not make dedicated mats for the X and the ones on Tesla's website sure don't look like weathertech's ( maybe due to low volume?). Due to the M3 scale I fully expect Weathertech will have Floorliners and Mats ASAP and possible supply Tesla's.
FWIW I use their Floorliners in my vehicles and love them. Power wash, treat them and they look good as new.

They need to get their hands on one to measure. It may be a while.

WeatherTech got their hands on a Ferrari LaFerrari, of which 500 units exist to get scans. A Model 3 would be child's play. They'd need to borrow one for a couple days, which they could possibly do before non-employees get their cars.

Don't believe me with the Ferrari: 2015 Ferrari LaFerrari | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech.com
They obviously have some sort of arrangement if Tesla is selling rebranded WeatherTech mats. I’m guessing they would be happy to provide a M3 for measuring.

I wouldn't say they take anything away from the car. I have Weathertechs in my car, but they weren't available for my wife's when we got that, so I got Husky Liners - the fit is far superior to that of the Weathertechs.

I have never owned weathertech mats. I know that they are high quality, but Do they take the luxury level down a notch since they are rubber?

This sort of depends. It changes the acoustics in the car a bit versus just having the carpet mats in there, but I don't think it takes the luxury level down. Maybe adds a few notches to the "utilitarian" category. I prefer having the all weather matts in though, pulling them out and washing them down is pretty effortless compared to dealing with the carpet.

I have never owned weathertech mats. I know that they are high quality, but Do they take the luxury level down a notch since they are rubber?

They're different looking than plain all weather mats. The lip and how it conforms exactly to the passenger foot wells rather than sitting on top of just the bottom flat part make them (and all good liners) look much better. As long as they color match the interior (pretty easy to do with black), I don't think it really detracts from the luxury. Especially after time since they're much easier to clean.

If you're really worried about it, there are also companies that make custom fit mats made out of that clear plastic material that's the same as those mats your office chair rolls on top of. Since it's clear, it's not really noticeable and lets the color of the carpet show through. I've got that in one of my cars. Also easy to clean, but it won't hold water or a lot of dirt so you may have to really clean the edges where it meets the carpet. Slippery too. In places like SoCal where there's no real weather beyond pleasant and dry, it's not a big deal. If you get a lot of rain or snow, I don't know if they'll work that well.

I know how you feel! I just ordered a set of Lloyd all weather mats that will arrive before the car. Some details in post 21 here: Configuration invite for Non-Day 1 Reservations

Also ordered my Lloyd mats earlier this week ahead of the car. As a heads up, get them direct from Lloyd - as much as I like EVAnnex, they are a $20 premium (+ shipping if under $100) for each set. Lloyd has free shipping and reasonable pricing.

Anyone seen any all weather floor mats (i.e. WeatherTech, etc) for the Model 3 yet? Tesla has them available for the S/X via the store.

I would recommend contacting WeatherTech to ask them for floor mats for the Model 3. I have talked to them several times and they don't sound like they have any idea that the Model 3 is being delivered. They wrote and said, "We suggest checking with Tesla for a time line on their product." I encourage everyone to Contact a guy named Del at WeatherTech [email protected] and Ask for Model 3 floor mats. & be nice . . .

Reactions: K-MTG
I would recommend contacting WeatherTech to ask them for floor mats for the Model 3. I have talked to them several times and they don't sound like they have any idea that the Model 3 is being delivered. They wrote and said, "We suggest checking with Tesla for a time line on their product." I encourage everyone to Contact a guy named Del at WeatherTech [email protected] and Ask for Model 3 floor mats. & be nice . . .

Just sent them an email!

Reactions: ekw0357
Got a reply from WeatherTech
Thank you for taking an interest in WeatherTech.

I looked into your Tesla Model 3. It shows that the 1st row floor liner and cargo liner has an ETA of about 8-10 weeks. The 2nd row floor liner has an ETA of about 3 weeks.

I would like to offer you a link that will let you know when your product is ready.

New Product Updates | New Product Updates | WeatherTech.com