Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SUNE reports tomorrow before markets open, anyone know what to expect? SUNE did lay off 15% of their workers, anyone know if this will impact this quarter positively or negatively short-term? It's certainly positiv long-term, but employers got severance pay which might affect short-term.

The stock : 21.49
down_r.gif
1.54(6.69%)

SEDG hit new low. Any opinions?

I like SEDG... it seems to be getting punished for beating down Enphase and the overall solar gloom, but I think it's a prime opportunity to invest into a company that is making big changes in one of the last big areas to optimize in the solar industry. Once people start to link up the new SolarEdge inverters with high voltage batteries like the Tesla PowerWall, I think they will break free from the pack.

SEDG is behaving very strange... up 30% after a really good report and now back to levels before the report. Forward P/E is like 10 even though they are growing over 50%. '
I got a very small position but want to increase it, the question is when. I almost did after the report but seems like I dodged that bullet. It will probably go up a lot if there is news about a new subsidy program for residential solar. If that does not happen I guess not much is going to happen to it until beginning of 2017 when people realize sales are still good and growing even without a program.

SEDG is behaving very strange... up 30% after a really good report and now back to levels before the report. Forward P/E is like 10 even though they are growing over 50%. '
I got a very small position but want to increase it, the question is when. I almost did after the report but seems like I dodged that bullet. It will probably go up a lot if there is news about a new subsidy program for residential solar. If that does not happen I guess not much is going to happen to it until beginning of 2017 when people realize sales are still good and growing even without a program.

It is also a big world. I think SEDG's sale volume is mostly in the U.S., but they have know the ITC expiration is coming for a long time. They are not a US company, and they sell in many countries. If their R&D in reducing material costs in inverters is real, they may be in a good position to build inverters at healthy margins.
It seems to me that clean energy investing needs to be based mostly on IP to be successful.

I'm a non-believer in Enphase architecture, which made SEDG easier to buy. But I have no idea why it moved so low yesterday, so perhaps there are critical factors I don't understand.

I think SEDG's sale volume is mostly in the U.S., but they have know the ITC expiration is coming for a long time. They are not a US company, and they sell in many countries.

Correct, from the most recent sales call, "Sales to the U.S. market represented approximately 68.5% of our revenues, a decrease compared to 71.9% in the previous quarter." The CFO also said they expect sales to remain ~70% U.S. through 2016.