Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aluminum pedals installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the official link to the manual for pedal installation.

I used a water based lube so it dries fast, do not buy something fancy just next to the condoms you can find the cheap brand x stuff ;)

The official Tesla procedure recommends rubber lubricant ... :cool:

upload_2018-2-12_20-29-48.png

Did mine and it was easy to mount the pedal, but the brake took me some time and I did not managed to get on the last corner on the brake pedal, I even scraped my index finger lol. But they still fit very well and it is no problem to have it that way.

Good buy for a reasonable price.

The official Tesla procedure recommends rubber lubricant ... :cool:

View attachment 280065

Yes those are the enigeneers that made our car :p, so the pedal stays slippery?

I picked water based because it dries within 10 to 15 minutes but when i was done i was so angry i threw away the bottle and jumped up and down like a kid, hands were sore as doodoo, my hands looked like the hands of a carpenter or construction worker!!!
Neighbours must have thought that i went crazy, when i started i yelled a couple of curse words normal volume, 15 minutes later you can see my legs sticking out of my car and i'm not tall but the volume and tone of my voice was of a 3 meter tall person hahahahaha.

I didn't create a video. I actually installed mine in the parking structure of a mall because I was about an hour early to a dinner appointment. Although it only took me about 10 minutes I was a bit annoyed and frustrated (and I removed the brake pedal a few times to do it over again).

Here is a video of a guy doing the aluminum pedal install.

This Korean video is more detailed but I'm assuming that most of you don't understand Korean (but it's self explanatory)

I notice on these 2 vids that the accel pedals have diff strips of rubber on the face. 3 strips vs 5 i believe. I am trying to decide between one style or the other-same price about. On the pedal with the more rubber strips on the face it seems maybe wider? So maybe more grippy? Anyone?

View attachment 273194
I got mine in too! Did it all by myself, hubby’s job is to hold the door.
I think it helps to have small fingers. Took me around 10mins.
Brake pad- get top corners on first, then use both index fingers to really stretch the sides out as far as you can, move downward as you keep stretching then stretch some more as you go over bottom corners.
Acceleration pad- get top right and bottom right corners to fit snug first, with one hand hold down right bottom corner as you use another hand to stretch and fit left top corner, now you have 3 corners on use one hand to hold all 3 corners then use other hand to stretch and fit the last bottom left corner.
Hope this helps
seems ther are 2 types..one set has more rubber strips on each pedal (5 vs 3) i think on the accel pedal and brake pedal has more rubber strips too. Is one set better with higher rubber so it lasts longer?