Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am at a loss: is the $2k FSD offer going away on Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the electrician went and pulled permits without having everything needed for the install. Did they just make up dates for the install out of thin air?

It was a crazy experience. Tesla has incredible products and incredible engineers and some amazing employees. And then there’s crazy town. I have made two large purchases from Tesla and both times I took a train to crazy town.

Elon said prices would go back to normal. Normal was $5k if FSD was purchased after delivery for those with EAP.

Except for some deliveries prior to about 5/15/18 or 6/1/18. Those people were told $4K after delivery for FSD. I have one vehicle that was delivered 3/26/18, it should be $4K given what I was told. It's showing $5K online for that vehicle, which is incorrect.

• Informative
Reactions: leporsche
A lot of interesting comments here:

FSD up to $5k for 2018 EAP purchaser : teslamotors

IncludesHW3.png

This offer was just wiped from the Tesa owners portal this morning. I looked in my car’s profile last night and the price was $2,000 and no indication the offer was about to end. I went in this morning to buy and the price was $5,000. I called Tesla to ask if they would honor the $2,000 price since I never received any notification about this offer. At this point they are taking customer’s info with the possibility that something can be done but they are no longer selling the feature for $2,000. If you were considering buying t his at $2,000 call Tesla NOW and get on that list. I think they will do the right thing here but you will for sure miss out if you don’t call and nag them.

This offer was just wiped from the Tesa owners portal this morning. I looked in my car’s profile last night and the price was $2,000 and no indication the offer was about to end. I went in this morning to buy and the price was $5,000. I called Tesla to ask if they would honor the $2,000 price since I never received any notification about this offer. At this point they are taking customer’s info with the possibility that something can be done but they are no longer selling the feature for $2,000. If you were considering buying t his at $2,000 call Tesla NOW and get on that list. I think they will do the right thing here but you will for sure miss out if you don’t call and nag them.
lol how did you miss it? TMC has been nonstop about this for like two weeks. Elon has tweeted it, Tesla has tweeted it. Peoria is out there a bit but you got internet right? haha

lol how did you miss it? TMC has been nonstop about this for like two weeks. Elon has tweeted it, Tesla has tweeted it. Peoria is out there a bit but you got internet right? haha

To be fair lots of people don't use twitter or this website, they should have at least emailed everyone. Being the tech company that they are they should be able to send notification to everyone right to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Peoria and jsmay311

LOL- Do the right thing. If they wanted to do the right thing they would have emailed every owner about this offer. News flash, many people that own a Tesla have no idea what TMC is and they do not use Twitter. I guess Tesla only communicates via the "bubble". I know email is complicated and antiquated.

It was there for under 3 weeks with the only official announcement being tweets. Not everyone reads news about Tesla or read Tesla forums. My wife drives a Model X, she does not know about it. My coworkers know because we work in tech. I think at a minimum, 70% of the Tesla' owners do not know about the price drop still.

It was $5000 initially then went down to 2k without any notification. Then went back to $5k with the same amount of notification.
Funny how folks don’t complain about the first type but feel entitled to something for the second type.

Reactions: mazers
LOL- Do the right thing. If they wanted to do the right thing they would have emailed every owner about this offer. News flash, many people that own a Tesla have no idea what TMC is and they do not use Twitter. I guess Tesla only communicates via the "bubble". I know email is complicated and antiquated.
Do the right thing?
It was on sale and he missed it. What “right thing” do you think there is? Honor a timed sale price?

Reactions: Ludalicious

that...doesn't really make much sense...HW and SW are different things.

Once they certify the HW it'll be standard in all new cars (and they can stop giving Nvidia money). Once they're mass producing the chip it's trivial to make enough extra to retrofit existing cars.

The longer they keep the HW bifurcated among 2.x and 3.x owners who had any (now) FSD features the longer they need to waste time working on multiple different forks of code and different neural nets.

There's 0 reason/benefit to holding the hardware back once it's ready for mass production. If a specific SW feature isn't ready they can hold THAT back till is it (as they did for no-confirmation lane change for example).

Further several of the "coming later this year" features simply couldn't work properly on 2.x HW, so if they're really coming this year, it'll require HW3 to get there.

(City navigation in particular is going to need to be able to process all the cameras at full frame-rate to have any hope at working remotely safely/decently).

It was $5000 initially then went down to 2k without any notification. Then went back to $5k with the same amount of notification.
Funny how folks don’t complain about the first type but feel entitled to something for the second type.

You are wrong about this.

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability
In this blog they announced it but I do not see an announcement for the increase except a tweet a forum user pointed out.
This is a very bad way of managing sales.

This information on the 1/2 off sale price has been posted on their website (blog) since March 1.

Are people signed up for the latest Tesla news, events and product updates? Kind of works like signing up for store newsletters and being notified of sale dates and specials. If you don't sign up you kind of stay in the dark.

LOL clicked post and saw @asterothe referred to the same thing.

Under the 3/10 blog post they did indicate that prices would go up after 3/18. That recently got extended a few days but they did announce a cut off date.

Update on Tesla Stores and Pricing

Last edited:
You are wrong about this.

In this blog they announced it but I do not see an announcement for the increase except a tweet a forum user pointed out.
This is a very bad way of managing sales.
The sales was intentionally for people who complained through social media (twitter). Tesla doesn't want to sell at those prices. That's why they never sent an email to everyone.

To be fair lots of people don't use twitter or this website, they should have at least emailed everyone. Being the tech company that they are they should be able to send notification to everyone right to the car.

One of my neighbors bought an M3 last year without EAP or FSD. He loves the car but really doesn't know that much about it. I was over there a couple of weeks ago looking at his car before I made my buying decision on 3/14 and mentioned the discounted availability of AP/FSD.

He had no idea - ended up buying AP an hour after I told him. Seems like with Tesla's push to generate cash this quarter they should have blasted all customers about this. Maybe they, rightly or not, view the discounted options as lost future revenue...