Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given another member reported above he just took delivery of a MYP with a VIN 352 that had the Intel CPU, I bet your MYP will also have the Intel CPU.

Not holding my breath on getting the AMD, but as of right now there’s no rhyme or reason to any of the reports either, so I’m happy to share another data point until we get a better idea of where they are coming from in NA

Someone started a tracking spreadsheet. But so far, only 2 AMD listed

138000 VIN? I’m not so sure this can be trusted unless proof of said things are posted at the same time. 🙄

No regular forum person here has confirmed even one. And a fair number have taken delivery.
This forum only represents a very small number of people and most of the recient deliveries were located in the west coast for the end of quarter push.
The one person in this forum that supposidly received the Ryzen took delivery in Nevada about 12/29 with a build date on 12/21.

I think its too early to tell based upon the deliveries in this forum, once regular shipments resume to the rest of the country we should get a better idea of if this is a real thing or not.

This forum only represents a very small number of people and most of the recient deliveries were located in the west coast for the end of quarter push.
The one person in this forum that supposidly received the Ryzen took delivery in Nevada about 12/29 with a build date on 12/21.

I think its too early to tell based upon the deliveries in this forum, once regular shipments resume to the rest of the country we should get a better idea of if this is a real thing or not.
Remember that build date of 12/21 just means Dec. 2021 and not Dec. 21st. So the actual build date may have been a day or two after those reporting their new MY's are using the Intel Atom CPU.

Remember that build date of 12/21 just means Dec. 2021 and not Dec. 21st. So the actual build date may have been a day or two after those reporting their new MY's are using the Intel Atom CPU.
That's correct - my 352xxx VIN has a "sticker" build date of 12/21, meaning December 2021. However, I did speak with someone at Tesla central before taking delivery (had an issue with my reservation) and asked him if he could see the date it was actually built, and he told me 12/29. This is basically in line with what I've seen so far - 352xxx is one of the higher VINs out there.

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Not even sure what half that means. And no, there is 0 chance Tesla gives you an AMD upgrade to fix your issues because they have over 1 million cars running the same processor as you.
half million perhaps😆
i've spoken to rep since mine has infotainment issue ( for sure its not the screen) they might get a updated part which is AMD, but ofc he's not entirely sure yet.
not sure about the harness too. i've been checking tesla parts diagram few days ago doesnt look like theres new updated parts.

Taking delivery on a 351 VIN MYP today, will let everyone know T_T

aaaaand i did not have the AMD

do not know the exact build day, but it’s a 12/21 with Fremont pickup - so my guess is it’s brand new.

I think the notion that maybe these two random AMD models came from China sounds plausible.

My MYP however DID have the carbon fiber spoiler…which I thought they were not doing right now due to a shortage

Yes It smells that way... The reports are not reliable. Cant believe the Telsla-following websites are reporting it as gospel. It MAY be true, but jury is waaaay out. It totally smells like a half-bright 13-year-old boy yanking a lot of chains.

Attachments

• grapes_001.png
    grapes_001.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 60