Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of like knowing the new iPhone is coming out in a few weeks and buying the old one. It’s not the end of the world but would be nice to get the new one when your spending $60k. Old version is still great.
Horribly analogy. This is one of thousands of components, from a car company that by design delivers continual improvements vs. declaring a locked/immutable spec for a generational device.

I don’t know how accurate this info is but I texted the Tesla number asking if my specific vin ending in 355XXX has the Ryzen processor and he/she said my vin has the AMD.

Attachments

• 28DFFA17-D37C-4A33-9627-747EC03331E5.png
    28DFFA17-D37C-4A33-9627-747EC03331E5.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 235
My SA emailed me this morning as follows: "Good news, we got the update last night that all Model 3s and Ys will now ship with the new AMD processor, a new li-ion 12v battery and a heater wiper park!" (FWIW - I recognize that SAs are not always the final word on these things.)
I don’t know how accurate this info is but I texted the Tesla number asking if my specific vin ending in 355XXX has the Ryzen processor and he/she said my vin has the AMD.
My SA is definitely on the same talking points as both of the above. Not only did he state that all new orders should be coming with the Ryzen's but that they can also verify via the VIN once its assigned. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but the new messaging does seem consistent.