Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, that's why I noted Infrain. He's been told he has the Intel and was built on 1/6, I believe, with a 354 VIN. But, SAs don't necessarily know it seems like and we've seen 354s both with and without the AMD, so he might still have a chance.
I think there is a really large spread in VINs compared to when they are manufactured. The most recent confirmed AMD car had a build date of 1/9 and still had a 354 VIN, but there have been 355 and 356 VINs already delivered with earlier build dates. Kind of makes sense if Tesla wants to mask information about number of cars they are shipping out per quarter. I don't put too much stock in VIN numbers and I think SA provided build dates are most likely the best bet. Rumor has it that from 1/11 (today) onwards, everything in Fremont would have switched and prior days might be a mix though it may be that they ran through the last of their intels already and made the switch. I guess we won't know for sure till a couple of weeks from now.

It's worth noting Fremont has multiple production lines. I would guess they didn't update all of them at the same time.

There are only 4 working and only one of thedse produce the Y

• GA1/2 Model S/X (GA1&2 merged into a single line)
• GA3 Model 3
• GA4 Model 3 or Y (tent)

• GA4.5 Model 3 or Y (tent, under construction)
• GA5 Model 3 or Y (indoors next to GA1&2, under construction)

I think there is a really large spread in VINs compared to when they are manufactured. The most recent confirmed AMD car had a build date of 1/9 and still had a 354 VIN, but there have been 355 and 356 VINs already delivered with earlier build dates. Kind of makes sense if Tesla wants to mask information about number of cars they are shipping out per quarter. I don't put too much stock in VIN numbers and I think SA provided build dates are most likely the best bet. Rumor has it that from 1/11 (today) onwards, everything in Fremont would have switched and prior days might be a mix though it may be that they ran through the last of their intels already and made the switch. I guess we won't know for sure till a couple of weeks from now.
Yeah, I think the best we can say is we're in the zone where the upgrades are possible. Probably not likely, but possible. I could call but I wouldn't necessarily trust the answer either way, I'm taking the car either way, and they don't need the hassle. Wait times are bad enough already, no need for me to add to them.

I'm hoping that since I got my delivery dates on the 10th maybe I was built on the 9th and maybe have a shot.

Until we start seeing a lot of Ryzen I think it’s hype and hope.

When the MYP went to A/Ss there was a couple days / max a week where we spotted a couple. There was some mix. But within the week it was predominantly A/S tires being delivered and P-Zeros became rare.

In this case it’s been a few weeks / month of Ryzen is coming! And yet it’s not even a trickle. Sure some day there will be Ryzens. But it sure seems like the hype got way ahead of reality.
I think maybe in the first few weeks of the quarter/year deliveries in general are a trickle and maybe the second half of the month we'll see more.

Based on other users' build dates
- Crispminis got his with AMD built date Jan 9th
- Jayyp is getting it today I think, built date 7th
- Infrain gets it tomorrow, built date 6th.
I was initially scheduled for today but Tesla pushed back my delivery by two days as the car is still waiting for transportation to SoCal. A few more days and then we’ll find out if I indeed got the AMD chip. Build date was 1/6 but I received VIN 1/7. Multiple SA’s confirmed I have the chip but who knows?

Reactions: DrGriz and Hvnleigh
Yeah, that's why I noted Infrain. He's been told he has the Intel and was built on 1/6, I believe, with a 354 VIN. But, SAs don't necessarily know it seems like and we've seen 354s both with and without the AMD, so he might still have a chance.
That’s odd. My car was built on 1/6 as well per the SA with VIN 355 but several SA’s have told me my car has the AMD.