Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silly question, but why these? I mean, battery will be battery? (its not like we do road trip everyday)
Million mile useful life, faster recharging, tighter better handling, longer range, etc. But I would include air suspension and being much closer to FSD along with the latest computer. I think that's the car that gets pretty close to an end state and improvements after that will be more incremental. As Elon said, about a 400 mile range is probably optimal, more than that and you're carrying around too much dead weight too much of the time. I think that next car sort of hits the sweet spot in a lot of ways. Although I don't think I'd sell to trade up for air suspension alone, I'd definitely wait given I'm going to have an essentially brand new Model Y anyhow.

Last edited:
If you haven't picked it up yet how did you verify that? Please post a picture of the info screen on the car so we can keep track that way too. All the people posting that their SA's told them so without a screencap from the car have been skewing things for the last handful of pages.
Personally I won't be posting a screen shot when I pick it up. When I do pick it up I'll see what I have and post an update and folks can believe me or not. My SA said he was 80% sure I have Intel so that's what I passed along and it's clearly noted that way, but when I get the car I'll look and give the actual answer.

Personally I won't be posting a screen shot when I pick it up. When I do pick it up I'll see what I have and post an update and folks can believe me or not. My SA said he was 80% sure I have Intel so that's what I passed along and it's clearly noted that way, but when I get the car I'll look and give the actual answer.
It’s getting really hard to keep track of what are a legit ones and which ones are people saying confirmed but in reality all they did was speak to an SA that will tell them what they want to hear. At least saying delivered or posting a picture avoids that confusion.

Maybe, but I'd be ok with that. But that's why i think it should be a different model, different specs, different price, until Fremont has switched over.
Sort of like how the S has been differentiated over the years based on battery kwh and rear wheel vs awd? 60,85,75, 75D, 90D, 100D. But with each advancement in other aspects it was still an S. I think the Y will always be a Y, but specs and features will change over time. The Y in 3 years will be an improvement over todays Y, but it will still be branded as a Y…I think. No different than an ICE car. An AUDI A6 is an A6 regardless of 4 or 6 cylinder (A6 2.0 vs. 3.0).

Reactions: Wigan
Sort of like how the S has been differentiated over the years based on battery kwh and rear wheel vs awd? 60,85,75, 75D, 90D, 100D. But with each advancement in other aspects it was still an S. I think the Y will always be a Y, but specs and features will change over time. The Y in 3 years will be an improvement over todays Y, but it will still be branded as a Y…I think. No different than an ICE car. An AUDI A6 is an A6 regardless of 4 or 6 cylinder (A6 2.0 vs. 3.0).
I agree, the Y will always be a Y. But unlike the S there will be an intermediate period where you have one version of the Y at Fremont and another at Austin, so I think for that intermediate period until Fremont has been converted there may be different designations. I hope so, anyhow.

It’s getting really hard to keep track of what are a legit ones and which ones are people saying confirmed but in reality all they did was speak to an SA that will tell them what they want to hear. At least saying delivered or posting a picture avoids that confusion.
Sure, after delivery I'll confirm and update. Then thing is, I doubt anybody will care because I'm pretty sure it'll be Intel based on a Jan 5 build date.

Sure, after delivery I'll confirm and update. Then thing is, I doubt anybody will care because I'm pretty sure it'll be Intel based on a Jan 5 build date.
Yes, posting a screenshot is only useful to prove a change. No need to post screenshots of Intel. I can show you one from 4/21 in a MY and 1/20 in a M3 but that is worthless info.

Reactions: Mitman and kewlguy
Just took delivery of MYLR w/ AMD:
  • VIN 354XXX
  • Build date: 1/9

Attachments

• 3E8E2C95-9805-4E55-B07D-031590C8D5DC.jpeg
    3E8E2C95-9805-4E55-B07D-031590C8D5DC.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 131