Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my VIN of 355xxx born on Jan 13, it has the Intel chip:( I'm stuck with the dilemma of accepting the order or canceling it. If I cancel, I'll lose the $250 + the $1000 price increase. I plan on having the car until the wheels fall off. I feel as if the Intel won't age as well. What to do?
That’s a late build date for an Intel. Are you sure?

I understand the FOMO thing. I'm willing to forgo the lithium battery, ventilated seats, heated wipers etc...I just really want the new processor. The lag will only get worse with new features. I'm trying to delay my order now. I'm fairly certain of the build date. My SA told me the car was built at 8:00am on the 13th. He looked into the processor question and got back with me the next day.

I received my VIN of 355xxx born on Jan 13, it has the Intel chip:( I'm stuck with the dilemma of accepting the order or canceling it. If I cancel, I'll lose the $250 + the $1000 price increase. I plan on having the car until the wheels fall off. I feel as if the Intel won't age as well. What to do?
Dude get it and drive it. Trade it in sometime in the future. Car shortage will last for a while. Prices will stay higher. Wait 1 year then get 4680, latest tech etc...

Just my .02

I understand the FOMO thing. I'm willing to forgo the lithium battery, ventilated seats, heated wipers etc...I just really want the new processor. The lag will only get worse with new features. I'm trying to delay my order now. I'm fairly certain of the build date. My SA told me the car was built at 8:00am on the 13th. He looked into the processor question and got back with me the next day.
100% Agree on this, especially if you want to drive this till the wheels fall off. Ask the MCU1 people how things started feeling when MCU2 was the bog standard and Tesla kept pushing more complex system updates. Its been mentioned before, but maybe not enough this upgrade is more than faster YouTube or playing games (neither of which I care about). This controls the entire menu and user interface system including maps navigation, camera feeds, etc. Considering your interactions with Tesla's are basically 2 pedals, a steering wheel, and a huge screen, whatever is powering the screen is a pretty big deal IMO.

Reactions: John in LB
Got a surprise that my car arrived early and I can take delivery tomorrow in Burbank instead of waiting til Tuesday. While on the phone I asked the woman helping me if she could confirm if it has the AMD Chip and she put me on hold and came back and said that yes she can confirm it has AMD and the Lithium Battery. Basically best news of the year so far - was itching to get my car and cannot wait til tomorrow!
Congrats. My pick-up is at 2 today in Burbank. Hope mine come in in a good condition. After a multiple-EDD-change wait, let's just hope that I can simply enjoy the car!!!

Reactions: J4RBOT
I've noticed that with the latest software updates, my Intel Infontaiment system has improved quite a lot speedwise. It used to be so-so, now is fine. I really use Netflix rarely as the rest is meh.

The chip does nothing to the car. I am really surprised peple care that much.

Reactions: 45thParallel

If you are worried about it, ask them to give up the VIN and wait for next match. I don’t think you need to cancel. The car works perfectly fine on intel, it drives amazing and maps work well. Netflix and Disney plus takes time to load, browser is terrible. But that’s big benefit right now is for those. Other than that not much more.

Accept it - drive it for a year till when newer updates (4680? new & better paint? 5G?) comes out and, as I anticipate supply chain shortages to continue into 2023, you should retain pretty decent value (i.e. ~$60k++) if you sell/trade next year.
As a 21 M3 owner, the Intel is not bad so it doesn't really "negatively impact" the driving experience.