Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so they should be in ABRP today.
693327C7-942D-4B06-AE80-CA12847EF9FE.png

That's a limitation of those ABB units, I doubt they'll be changing those out in the short term.

Some newer sites are using a different Alpitronic Hypercharger unit that doesn't have the same limitation, though.

Ahh bummer. Looks like I'll be sticking with Evie and Chargefox ultra-rapid chargers. The 80kW Ampol units are just too slow for my roadtrips.

Interesting that NZ had more BEVs in total than Australia up until 2019. Says a lot…

Also interesting is it took 3.5 years for Australia to increase the number of BEVs on the road tenfold. Almost exactly a CAGR of 100%.

The 30 minute average charge session only supplies 28kWh? 🤨
Either the chargers are really slow or people don't know how to use them.

I have Chargefox receipts showing almost 30kWh over 15 minutes, from when I was doing the Sydney to Brissie run.

The 30 minute average charge session only supplies 28kWh? 🤨
Either the chargers are really slow or people don't know how to use them.

I have Chargefox receipts showing almost 30kWh over 15 minutes, from when I was doing the Sydney to Brissie run.
The chargers are really slow - when they top up from a high state of charge starting point
When the max charge rate for 400V cars for almost all Ampol sites is 70kW then this seems about right.

Reactions: positiv and B3AU