Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Owner Documented His Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whether the video is 100% , 50%, 1% true or a total fake should not determine your investment decisions. Tesla will succeed in their mission, they are well on their way. If Valueseeker chooses to short a stock based on the first batch of production vehicles he might win a short term gain based on some emotional volatility, but will lose in the long term based on the future success of the company, the MS is a prime example. MX will be no different. You can go ahead and click dislike in 3, 2, 1...

Every automobile manufacturer has issues with a few thousand early cars. Tesla attracts more attention because it has seriously disrupted the hold of automobile and petroleum industries. And that is why it would be successful too.

Also, the disservice that the established auto manufacturers and their dealers dish out to the consumer. Nissan just released an ad in response to the runaway success of M3. The ad speaks for itself. The question they ask is why stand in line for M3 when you can buy a Leaf instantly. I'm sure in the board rooms of Nissan, they must be talking why people lined up to pay a thousand dollars deposit for a car that is couple of years away instead of coming in to a Nissan dealership.

Same with Benz - that's why shareholders questioned the management at their last conference why they don't have a competing product. There were pictures of at least one place where the line for M3 deposit wrapped around a Benz dealership.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this? If not, could you please share your basis for asserting that this video is legitimate, as opposed to FUD?

Or could it be the case that you like the video because it supports the argument you made in your December 31, 2015 SeekingAlpha article under the name ValueSeeker -- one of 10 anti-Tesla articles you have authored on SA -- in which you urge readers to join you in shorting Tesla stock based on the rationale that the Model X would be a flop? (See excerpt below)

I'm just requesting people to dissociate motive from the video, and take the video by itself. I haven't claimed it either legitimate or illegitimate. People can judge that on their own, if it seems made up or not. But motive is separate. Whether I like the video is not important.

Thank you for pointing to my article with very accurate predictions. But this has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the video, the subject at hand. So, let's just focus on that and leave the bitterness aside.

This shouldn't be difficult.
Was the poster actually an owner? Shouldn't be tough to determine. If he wasn't, he's a fraud. If he was an owner, what does his SC center have to say about the problems he identified? If they know all about them, how did they get through QC? That would be terrible for Tesla. If this is the first they ever heard about them, why is that? Was the owner fearful of bringing them to light? Clearly not. Might they not have existed prior to the video? That would be terrible for the owner. But then, people have fewer compunctions about sinking their own reputations these days.
Robin

If not, could you please share your basis for asserting that this video is legitimate, as opposed to FUD?

Why exactly do you think this is not legitimate?

Have you read these forums and others where people talk about issues they had with delivered vehicles? Things like rusted parts, parts not painted, door issues (how about that VC who said he needed to hold the door closed while driving?), panel alignment, etc.

But go ahead, tell us why you think this is fake.

• Funny
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
The video in question was pulled down from YouTube and several others in the thread above have already raised significant questions about its legitimacy. I personally see no reason to discuss this further.

I think we can debate the motives for posting and even the merits of posting grievances this way but the problems described in the video are not uncommon or unique. Many others in the forum have experienced the similar and in fact many other problems. It being taken down might have nothing to do with the legitimacy and might be related to the PR efforts or the parties reaching some sort of agreement.

This is not a litigation court wherein destroying the character of the witness implies that the evidence itself is tainted. At this point everything being said in this thread is pure speculation one way or the other.

I might sound like a broken record here but it is baffling to me to see the extent to which some folks go to defend Tesla despite the fact the company in many instances has failed to deliver on quality and customer service. To succeed it must elevate itself. Even as staunch believers, we are not being helpful if we do not hold it accountable.

Last edited:
Every automobile manufacturer has issues with a few thousand early cars.

They may have some "issues", but this is way beyond anything remotely acceptable.

Mods - This thread should be closed. Other than public bullying nothing useful is coming out of it anymore.

I agreed with what sukhi said that "it is baffling to me to see the extent to which some folks go to defend Tesla..."

Tesla must address and correct these "issues". Shutting down this thread or deleting the video would not help.

It's probably not a fake but definitely exaggeration is at play. The doors problem shown ten times is the same problem over and over again. Some of the other findings are concerning like the fart window and the rust. QC failed this customer but this customer wouldn't have been happy even if it was just a single door problem since he posted 10 versions of the same issue in making his argument.

My speculation is that he recorded these for the SC and Tesla, to make a case for returning his car. When he saw Consumer Reports and other outlets talking about Model X quality issues, he just added the front and back title pages and uploaded the video. I saw some of his answers before the original was deleted. He said, he uploaded to make others aware. He also said, Tesla agreed to fix everything except the alignment issues. He also shows that Tesla took it back. If he was really making all these up to hurt Model X sales, he would have said that Tesla didn't want to fix all issues and didn't want to accept return. Given that even recent Model X cars are having issues, the video seems realistic for one of the first 500 cars produced during Q4 end-of-quarter rush.

Also beware, that Tesla sometimes does late night rush deliveries before the end of quarters, to show good quarterly numbers. You can't blame owners for missing some unexpected defects during delivery. Now people are more aware and are going with a check list for Model X. But this wasn't the case back in December.

Reactions: AnOutsider
have already raised significant questions about its legitimacy.

No. There are no valid questions about its legitimacy. People whine about the motives but that doesn't mean the issues aren't real especially since this site has other people posting about issues.

I'll will ask again, what exactly makes the issues raised in this not legitimate?

Is it photoshopped? Is he actually showing a different car? Is there something in the pixels that is wrong? Is this like the "fake" moon landing or the zapruder film? What do you got?