Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Owner Documented His Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was a REALLY good listen (listened to it in chunks while coding). Very enlightening, and sort of reinforces my dislike of unions and entrenched individuals.

Off topic but below is a link the another This American Life as they spend a month at a Jeep dealership. If interested in the in Tesla's battle against the dealership lobby it is an interesting listen.

513: 129 Cars

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
This is an appropriate warning for everyone taking delivery in the last 2 weeks of a quarter.. Yes, you want your vehicle asap, but it's worth the wait to mid - quarter. Similar issues Model S for first 1-2 years

As was pointed out earlier, it is not a matter of when you take delivery. It only matters when your car is produced, if Tesla has your car ready in the last two weeks of a quarter, it is already built and waiting until after the quarter ends to pick it up will not improve the quality of the car unless Tesla has a reason to touch/review it aging (for example, the seat recall which seems to be delaying deliveries.

Cha Ching!!! video has been taken down... guess he was finally offered enough $$$, so happy ending after all ;)

Yes, it shows the distorted world we live in. The Model X road trip videos and Phil Lebeau's Tesla commercials are on youtube for a long time. But anything negative must be hidden promptly from the public. I really thought Tesla was different :(

They are different.

I don't know of any other car company that cancelled an order because they didn't like what a person said about a marketing event (even though the person seemed to praise the vision, goals and products of the company).
That's not what happened. There were emails and at least one conversion between Alsop and Musk. It was after those that Musk said "It's not worth dealing with this individual."

I know many years ago I worked for a local computer store, and when a customer made a sexist comment to one of our salespeople another salesperson got on the phone and told they guy "We don't need your business." All companies have the option of not serving people that are more trouble than they're worth.

That's not what happened. There were emails and at least one conversion between Alsop and Musk. It was after those that Musk said "It's not worth dealing with this individual."

Well okay. I didn't realize that you have read the emails and were on the phone with the two of them.
I don't know where you got that quote from Musk, but that must have been in a conversation you had with him.

My mistake.

Agreed, but saying you are long is sometimes necessary.

Unfortunately around here, occasionally when you write something negative about Tesla the product, you are accused of being short TSLA the stock. You only have to look at the posts above to see evidence of that.

Those of us that post that we are long are simply trying to bat down the short accusation right away.
/QUOTE]

However, lets be honest, even when you DO state you are Long TSLA, you are still accused of being a "short plant" or a mole or a troll or some other such silliness if you dare to write anything negative. Like I was.
It's so funny! There is a complete lack of knowledge of how markets work. Like this board has any effect on TSLA stock!! You've got to be kidding. It's such a stupid, self-inflated, self-important, childish, and completely ignorant view of reality.

Oh, I AM LONG TSLA STOCK! Whatever...

Last edited:
Reactions: AnOutsider
Looks like he deleted the video. It would have been much more understandable if he had posted in Dec/Jan when he got the vehicle. But posting it 4 months after he returned it made me question his motivation.

He got the car at the end of December. it must have taken some time to negotiate the return and get a refund. Will you feel safe to post such video before consummating the process? He would've been punished by Tesla. Just see the example above, of someone being denied his Model X.

And, why will he delete the video on his own within a day? And, if he really made this up, he could have lied and said, he got the car in March. But he didn't. These attempts of trying to dismiss anything negative as false or ill-motivated is getting tiring. It's not like Model X quality has been stellar other than this.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the Geo Metro?
I'm not sure what the Geo Metro has to do w/NUMMI.

It wasn't ever produced at NUMMI and was joint venture of GM and Suzuki.

NUMMI was a Toyota/GM joint venture and produced vehicles such as the Corolla-based Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Corolla, Geo/Chevy Prizm and Toyota Tacoma.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AnOutsider
BTW guys, if you purchase a Tesla product, that is the best way to support Tesla. Buying stock does not help Tesla, once publicly trade company acquires its initial offering, their stock is then publicly traded, has nothing to do with Tesla anymore. So be a Tesla investor does not really help Tesla. People are in it for the money reason. If someone here on the forum believe Tesla is an innovative company and wants it to last as long as possible, the best way is to buy their product.

Edit: Opps! Should have caught up to the end of thread before replying. Ohmman beat me to it.

I agree the best way to support Tesla is to purchase their products.

That said, it does indirectly help Tesla when there is sufficient demand on the secondary market for their shares to keep the stock price elevated such that whenever TSLA needs to raise more capital with a secondary offering, as they might to accelerate their Model 3 plans, they can do so at a higher stock price which minimizes dilution for existing shareholders. Personally, I was very happy when the shares headed down last time, as I was able to add to my position at ~150.

Yes, it shows the distorted world we live in. The Model X road trip videos and Phil Lebeau's Tesla commercials are on youtube for a long time. But anything negative must be hidden promptly from the public. I really thought Tesla was different :(

I was worrying I will have similar issues when my X supposedly deliver next month. Now, I feel a lot better when the video is down. I don't know what this thread is talking about. Let me go watch the Phil Lebeau video again. Thanks Tesla.

f
I'm not sure what the Geo Metro has to do w/NUMMI.

It wasn't ever produced at NUMMI and was joint venture of GM and Suzuki.

NUMMI was a Toyota/GM joint venture and produced vehicles such as the Corolla-based Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Corolla, Geo/Chevy Prizm and Toyota Tacoma.
i meant prism, I mentioned it in a later post... Thanks for the "rectification".

Summary: The guy had a broken passenger door, a faulty passenger falcon wing door sensor, a busted passenger falcon wing door hinge at the articulating joint, which led to a piece of metal sticking into the cabin. He had ripped Ultra White material on the driver's seat, along with filthy fabric between the seats, especially in the 2nd row. Fit and finish were worse than they should be. If indeed the car was delivered this way, it was not acceptable to be sold by any stretch of the imagination. The owner did show a lot of the same issues from different looks, which made it look like there were more problems than I listed. However, I think I covered the majority of them.

...All companies have the option of not serving people that are more trouble than they're worth.
Well, not quite. There is one bakery that no longer feels that way.

I am pleased the video has disappeared for one main reason, the video did not represent the excellence we are experiencing overall. The vehicle in question seemed more like a demonstrator, as the hidden dirt throughout and torn seat were unlike anything anyone has posted in regard to delivery condition. Perhaps there were some test drives before that video was taken. We may have seen conditions that did not represent all the facts. To be honest, I laughed at the excess that was shown, as it was far beyond the norm. (The sound of the window was priceless. :p)

Last edited: