Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Owner Documented His Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow! I am speechless. No wonder the SC manager told me my X is not the worst condition which is already one of the worst on this forum. I am so sorry for this owner. It's good that he returned it. This is more than frustration. This is insanity.

That's awful. It's embarrassing that the car made it out of QC. My concern, however, is the car was okay in QC and then these issues develop quickly with usage.

I have the exact same issue with my door clicking when it's open (bugs me, but not bad enough to go to SC yet). The other issue I also have just happened today - passenger side front window closing outside of trim, just like in video. I was able to lower it a couple of times and get it to go back, but now there's some odd noise coming from the door - like a piece is moving around inside when I drive.

Before today, everything was near perfect. Growing pains. Still, much better off than this guy.

I don't believe hiding it does the young company any favors either. It's sort of like spoiling a child... Tesla needs to know where its faults lie and fix them. Coddling them will not help.

I'm sure Tesla is well aware of this. They are also being held to a higher standard with all the media scrutiny. Every issue is amplified 10x and turned into blog posts, news stories, and click bait articles.

That being said, this car still shouldn't have made it out of QA.

Reactions: ankitmishra
That is bad. I still dont believe uploading a video of it to youtube is the correct thing to do to such a young company.

So, it is not bad if a similar video is about Porsche Cayenne Turbo? That is really bad if he fabricated those issues when what he got was a perfect $140K vehicle from Tesla. When Tesla is selling a vehicle in this class, at this price, they should be held to the same standard as another old/new company. If they don't feel they can produce the same quality vehicle, maybe they should price it like a Kia Sorento SUV.

I'm sure Tesla is well aware of this. They are also being held to a higher standard with all the media scrutiny. Every issue is amplified 10x and turned into blog posts, news stories, and click bait articles.

That being said, this car still shouldn't have made it out of QA.

I'm sorry but Tesla is not being held to a higher standard at least in this case. I have never bought a new car that had issues like that regardless of make. They are being held to the industry standard which in all honesty isn't that high and they failed miserably at least on this build. This is very disappointing. This car should have never been given to the costumer until it was ready to be delivered even if it would have delayed delivery further. Sure the costumer may have been mad about the delay but once he received the car in good working order it would have been forgotten about and he would still be a happy Tesla owner.

Last edited:
That is bad. I still dont believe uploading a video of it to youtube is the correct thing to do to such a young company.

The issues shared by this guy are basic workmanship issues and should been caught during QC. No car company young or otherwise should get to deliver such shoddy vehicle. Delivering such a poor quality car shows fundamental disrespect for the customer.
One could argue some of these issues manifested post delivery but many existed from the beginning.

That's disappointing to see. The sad part is that this doesn't seem to be an isolated case, many threads here about quality issues. This car seems so badly aligned that everything is just thrown off tolerance.

They need to stop the production line and get these issues resolved on the factory floor and not in the service center. They may very well be doing this as the recent production delays in VINs that should have entered production.

Frankly, I'm having a hard time digesting this video. I'm sure there's more to the story. This is not the quality that is coming off the line currently, not even close. This vehicle may be a production line test unit that somehow made its way through to final production, possibly a preproduction unit that was put back into the line. Whatever the case may be, Tesla took the car back and I'm wondering if they offered him a replacement vehicle of the current line.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
This is so blatantly bad that I'm starting to wonder if someone is actively sabotaging the production line?! Just enough of a defect to pass initial QC, but fail shortly after. But those rusted parts. With the exterior being mostly aluminium, how did enough moisture get in to rust the steel parts inside?!?!

seems suspicious to me too, we would be fools to believe that a QC inspector even came close to this car.

• Disagree
Reactions: EinSV and Eclectic