Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android live camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120-130651_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-130651_Tesla.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 167
I think answering bedoig's question would be a good start to diagnosing the issue.

I have Android and live cam works in any data situation - one on wifi, the other on mobile data, both of wifi, both on mobile data.

My guess would be either your car or phone don't have a strong enough connection to live stream in the situations you're experiencing this.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Is it when you're phone is on mobile data, the car, or both? You have premium connectivity I assume? I wonder if live view works without premium connectivity if the car is on wifi.
I have premium connectivity. It only works when my phone is on wifi. The car can be on wifi or premium connectivity but once I switch my phone to data, it doesn't work.

I haven't seen a common denominator for the failures. Works fine for me on my Pixel 4XL on Android 12 every time and combination of car/phone on wifi/cell. Riveting view of the inside of my garage.

Edit - maybe comparing cell carriers and/or any VPNs in use would help. There have been on and off issues with app access on specific carriers (AT&T) and with people using VPNs over the years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-105447.png
    Screenshot_20211218-105447.png
    549.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I haven't seen a common denominator for the failures. Works fine for me on my Pixel 4XL on Android 12 every time and combination of car/phone on wifi/cell. Riveting view of the inside of my garage.

Edit - maybe comparing cell carriers and/or any VPNs in use would help. There have been on and off issues with app access on specific carriers (AT&T) and with people using VPNs over the years.
I am on Android 11 with my G20+....could that be the problem?

I am on Android 11 with my G20+....could that be the problem?

Well that sucks since my Samsung won't get Android 12 till May next yr.

To add to the "no common denominator", I have Android 11 on Moto G7, but de-googled (Lineageos) and it works intermittently. On the times it doesn't work, if I back out of the security section and reenter, it usually fixes it. My carrier is AT&T.